“superior”

Ranked #345 of 1,027 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Zephyrhills, Florida
“superior”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Currents in the Hyatt offers superior meals at prices found a far less sophisticated restaurants. The menu is health conscious with many organic and locally sourced ingredients. Portions are comparable to European standards so it is not for those looking to take leftovers. My gnocchi were flavorful, as was the trout, and the bibb lettuce salad. The recipes are inventive and inviting but the clear focus is on quality ingredients. Service was friendly and unpretentious. The table had a view of the pool and the room was minimalist contemporary with enough tropical color to fit in its Florida setting. This restaurant is a 10 minute walk to Van Wezel Hall.

• Visited October 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The food was decent, though on the pricey side. I had a burger, which was cooked to order. However, the bun was disgusting with the grease soaking through. We ordered from the bar and took it to go. I doubt if I would eat hear again.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Good Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

The servers were very nice and the food tasted good. The portions are not good for the price of the food.

Bradenton, Florida
“Back home again in Sarasota”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

My family and I lived in Sarasota from 1965 to 1992 and operated a business there. Kids grew up and left home and I moved to Titusville and Bradenton, FL. My oldest daughter and I attended a convention in July at Hyall Regency and their restaurant is Currents. We ate lunch there the day we arrived and in the course of our week's stay we also had breakfast and dinners. They have an interesting menu and no matter what you order, you receive food that is absolutely wonderful. The service at the restaurant was also excellent.The restaurant overlooks the marina so no matter where you sat, you had a beautiful view. I highly recommend Currents!

• Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We received a coupon for a BOGO appetizer from the front desk and the anchiote chicken quesadilla and caprese flatbread were very good. My son had the reuben and said it was the best one he ever had.

1 Thank GSWade