This hotel supposedly brews Starbucks coffee, but I drink Starbucks coffee often and have never tasted any this bad. Several times we complained about it, and the second day a manager brewed us an ok cup at our insistence, apparently brewing the coffee much stronger, but the staff still didn't seem interested until the morning we were checking out, when the manager brewed another fairly decent pot of coffee and gave us a complimentary cup (big deal-- after having to drive to McDonald's all week for decent coffee).
The room was large but uncomfortably laid out for most travelers; it looked like it should have been used for business meetings, since half the space was fairly open with a large couch against the wall, a desk for a computer, and a small bar area. The beds were tucked behind a light divider, with the sink right in front of the beds, a tiny bathroom and probably a 2 foot closet, where about 1 foot was visible. The room was fairly clean, beds were comfortable, the a/c worked ok, but the complimentary breakfast was unremarkable at best, no eggs, just cereal, toast, mixed fruit, warm milk, and that lousy coffee. Eggs and other foods were available at extra cost however.
We also had a laughable (or frustrating, depending on your mood) mix-up with the billing of our room. Since we had gone to Sarasota for a wedding, we received 3 days discount for the wedding rate and then were to be charged a slightly higher price for the next 2 days. Hotels often have differing rates depending on days of the week, so we didn't think anything about it. However, on the day that we were to be charged the higher amount, we were called by the front desk no fewer than 3 times to physically go to the front desk to validate this change and affirm that we were staying there for the extra 2 days at the higher price.
The day we left the manager did seem to care that we may have had some concerns, but the attitude of some of the other staff during our stay could best be described as "disinterested". In other words, I felt that this hotel is not one that "pampers" their guests, but it was comfortable and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place is a new hotel located near Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport and downtown Sarasota. Complimentary amenities include continental breakfast, Wi-Fi internet, parking, and shuttle service to/from airport and within 3 miles. Spacious guestrooms feature a King or two Queen Beds with an additional sleeper sofa, 42" flat-panel HDTV, free Wi-Fi, refrigerator, and more. Other amenities include 24 hour food service, full bar, 24 hour fitness and outdoor heated pool. Hyatt Place is smoke-free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport Hotel Sarasota
- Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport Florida