“Outstanding Value”

Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Sarasota for three days over President's day weekend. Our daughter was on a college visit. We paid $89/night which included breakfast and wifi. The property is pretty, well maintained and very clean. We had a room with two queen beds and it was a very large room. Breakfast was average for a business class hotel of this type compared to other competitors. Hyatt needs to think about upgrading its offering and the quality. Service at the hotel was outstanding. Hard to beat for the money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. From the moment I walked through the door it felt like every hotel employee wanted nothing more than to please me. Despite its location across the street from the airport the hotel was extremely quiet and my room had a serene view of the woods.

Pros:
They allowed me to check in early
Ample parking
Friendly, helpful staff
Good breakfast
Spacious, clean, modern room with comfortable seating area
Free WI-Fi in room

Cons:
Not near the beach or in walking distance to a shopping/dining district
No real in-house restaurant (although they do have a pretty good cafe)

I would classify this as (primarily) a business travelers hotel however I met people who chose to spend the better part of their winter in the hotel. And who can blame them with such a caring, attentive staff and excellent facilities?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is a good Sarasota hotel if you don't need to be on the beach. You should have a car though, as there are not many restaurants in walking distance. Downtown restaurants are 5 minutes away, Longboat and SIesta Key are 10-15 minutes drive. You can easily walk to the Ringling Museum, or the Sarasota Classic Car Museum.
The airport is not that busy and the runway is far enough away that airport noise wasn't noticeable for me, a medium to light sleeper.
I dropped my rental car off the night before flying home, and walked back to the hotel (10 minutes, sidewalk didn't exist all the way). I used the hotel shuttle in the morning, reserve a seat at the front desk.
Very nice HP. I really like the extra space in the room with the couch, desk, and refridgerator. It is great to spread out when travelling with family.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Having never been in a Hyatt hotel, this was a great first time. Rooms were very clean and large. The staff was on top of everything, as should be in any hotel. I liked the fact that I was given a tour of the facilites upon check in. Just across street from airport, but no noise. A short drive to every type of resturant you could want. I will stay in a Hyatt Place again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jerryt3161
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I've stayed in about seven different Hyatt Place properties in the past year. This property gets my vote for best in service, attention to detail and genuine caring about guests.

The property, across the street from the airport, was not my first choice. However, it is located near the interstate and local routes making it highly convenient. You receive Hyatt value for a very reasonable price. No ocean view, but you aren't paying for it either.

The exercise room, breakfast room and food service are better than most HP properties. And I can say that the staff, to a one, were all genuinely interested in making sure we had a great experience at every turn.

We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Hotel is very convenient to the airport. Given the proximity to the airport, I was worried about plane noise. I am a light sleeper and did not hear plane noise. The wall air conditioner was on the noisy side but you can keep the fan on and that helps. Very adequate breakfast except for the powdered eggs -- not a fan of those. Decent Wi-Fi. The gentleman who checked us in was very friendly and nice. Told us about breakfast times, etc. The room was clean and comfortable. There are computes and printers available in the lobby for us. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights. The hotel s overall room style was consistent with other HP that I have stayed at in Orlando. Location and price was also great. The hotel had free breakfast, wifi, and surprisingly I did not hear many airplanes (maybe one or two the whole time i was there). The hotel was mostly quiet there was some construction going on in one of the restrooms near our room, but it was not noisy. I will stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple