“Think twice before staying here”

Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I tried to stay here, walked in with my son who is thinking of going to Ringling school, THE fronk desk was off in the breakfast area,waited 5 minutes,asked if they had rooms,I was told yes,we do. I asked to see a room since I had never stayed at a hyatt place and was told that I would be escorted to a room .So what they do not trust me? I asked for price and was told 124. I asked if that the best they could do and was told YES. I asked them if they knew of any hotels in the area that were cheaper, and was told -we do not know you have to check around . Iwalked out of the hotel,will never stay there.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank savvytraveler80
HPSarasota, General Manager at Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2009

We apologize that the guest was inconvenienced by our offer to give them a personal tour of the property. While we typically do not provide rates for our competitors we will follow up with our gallery hosts to ensure they can direct our guests to alternate accommodations.

Reviewed 18 June 2009

Beautiful new, modern hotel centrally located to all we wanted to do in Sarasota. The staff was very accommodating especially the shuttle driver; nice and helpful! The comp shuttle to the downtown area is an added bonus. The beds were so comfy and the big flat screen in the room was perfect for watching sports! I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrewCrewTraveler
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Have been returning to SRQ every other week to visit mother in hospital. Got an excellent rate at HP. Brand new, very clean and a great staff. I love the layout of HP and try to stay there when given the opportunity. Staff is great here. Marcus checked me in early and gave me an room close to the front of the building. I have a feeling some people are never happy and complain about the tiniest of details. If you do your homework you can find out exactly what to expect before you arrive at this hotel. I was very happy with HP/SRQ. I have already booked my next two return trips.

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank roughout
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Rooms and hotel were nice and clean.

Staff at hotel were not friendly. (They were not rude or anything, but they did not acknowledge us or say hello to us, as other Hyatt Places have in the past)

The free breakfast in the morning was nice, however they were out of quite a few items by 9am.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2009

The booking agent really pushed what a value this room was after I objected to the price.  She indicated there was a living area separate from the bedroom and a complimentary full breakfast.  The living area is separated from the bedroom by a 4-5 foot wide partial screen.  When you have small kids, and you've been told these areas are separate, this is not what you expect. Breakfast was way below average, and by no means a full breakfast.  At best it was continental, and not a very good one.  I've had better at Holday Inn Express. Tried to play DVDs using built in connections in room.  They didn't work.  Needed the DVDs, because there is only basic cable provided, and no children's programming. Called the front desk upon arrival for 2 more sets of towels, as we had 2 adults and 2 kids in the room and only 2 sets were provided.  I was told there were some available at the front desk and I could come down to get them anytime.  Somewhat flabbergasted, I said "There is no one available to bring them up?"  The response was "no, and there won't be for at least 30 minutes!"  I said "that will be fine, thank you"  When they did bring the towels, I was given 2 bath towels.  We never did get a bathmat, so we ended up using one towel for that to avoid slipping on the floor. What?!  I realize I overpaid for this room because I called last minute.  But, I have never been told to come get my own towels?  Again, not even at much cheaper hotels.Basically, this room provided us with a place where we could shower (there is no bathtub)  then drip dry; all go to sleep at the same time in the same room - my kids are 2 and 4, and then have a lousy breakfast before checking out.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank mangemutt

It is true that although we have the largest rooms in our area that we are not two room suites. We will follow up with our national reservations department to ensure they are fully disclosing this fact. We have followed up with our staff to ensure that all guests requests are handled appropriately and promptly. We do have tubs in our rooms with two queen size beds but it is possible this guest requested a king size bed. We do have a full hot breakfast for purchase along with Starbucks drinks. The continental breakfast is complimentary with all rooms. We are continually reviewing our offerings in our breakfast area to ensure the quality is consistent and in line with the mandatory Hyatt Place standards.

Reviewed 12 April 2009

My husband, son and I visited Sarasota for a college tour. I picked the hotel from a travel website. We really weren't there for leisure, more for information on the college. I expected your run of the mill, 2 double beds, mini coffee pot, possibly minibar, generic hotel room. We were pleasantly surprised to find that our room was actually a mini suite, complete w/ small living room that included a SECTIONAL couch w/ ottoman, computer desk w state of the art connections, free wi-fi, coffee STATION, wide screen tv that rotated between the living room and bedroom, two QUEEN beds w/ wonderful mattresses, comfy bed linens, a marble separate sink w/ vanity and a pretty view. The room was decorated beautifully. The closet space was tucked behind the tv wall unit w/ a mirrored door. The tub/toilet space was a bit tiny, but really not impractical. The service at this hotel was topnotch. The foyer was welcoming and inviting. There was a free breakfast in a friendly, modern dining room w/ impressive options. Not just coffee, juice, stale bagel! The hotel just opened in December '08 and it was IMMACULATE. The only draw back was location. It is right across from the airport. We never heard airplane noise, but it isn't really near much and not within walking distance of anything. We had to drive to town, the college, and the museum, but it only took a few minutes. I would have to say that the Hyatt Place is a Sarasota jewel!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank iamjunebug1354
Reviewed 13 March 2009

this hotel has opened recently and i stayed here for the first time. the room was very spacious. there was a nice lounge / working section. the washbasin was outside the bathroom, which seemed a little odd initially, but one gets used to it.

the best part is the guest kitchen, where you have breakfast, which has a very homely feel. the lobby is also subdued and has a coffee counter which is very accessible

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank akshat08