“Typical upscale hotel”

The Ritz Carlton Sarasota
Ranked #173 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Fruitville & Highway 41
Description: With 80 indoor main dining room seats and 30 outdoor seats taking advantage of the breathtaking bay and marina view, CdZ’s updated take on American steakhouse offerings will impress with diverse Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner menus featuring beautifully-prepared dishes punctuated by prime meats, bold flavors, and local seasonal ingredients.
Oakley, California
“Typical upscale hotel”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is a typical upscale hotel with good service and pleasant rooms. The location is convenient to downtown Sarasota, or to walk or run on the causeway to St. Armands Key. At this location there is a small pool, and transportation is provided to the hotel's beach club on Lido Key for those who wish to enjoy the beach.

Visited November 2013

stuttgart
“Wonderful place, friendly staff, a/c too cold”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We were very happy with the staff’s kindness and hospitality, everybody was extremely helpful and efficient. The furniture of the room was quite elegant (a little outdated, though). We had a lovely view on the adjacent marina. Our visits in the Hotel's Beach Club were marvelous, the cleanliness is flawless.
The only complaint we have are the glacial, if not to say, arctic temperatures throughout the entire hotel.
When you enter the lobby from such pleasant temperatures on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico in October, it is like a cold spell that hits the guest. The elevator is an ice cove and when the guest leaves the elevator, the hallways seem to be under an arctic storm with all the breeze from the air condition.
We turned off the air condition in our room, which was adjusted to 74 F with a lot of air movement, because the air entered through a slot below the door (of the room). In order to avoid this draft we placed cushions and a blanket in front of the door.
When we mentioned our discomfort to other guests, they found it too cold, too.
A very pleasant place was the terrace of “Jack Dust” which we thoroughly enjoyed. The bartender prepares signature cocktails, the food is very good, too.

• Visited November 2013
Southwest Florida
“Ritz Carlton buffet breakfast”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We are sorry to say, but the buffet breakfast was very disappointing.

Basically, it seems that the management were trying to get away with as little as possible. Not even Florida orange juice. The scrambled eggs (only choice) was coagulated and cold.

A very disappointing breakfast offering for a five star hotel.

1 Thank DBoxSouthwestFlorida
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Not up to usual Ritz Carlton standards”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I just returned from two nights and three days at the Ritz Carlton in Sarasota. I'm sure I'm not alone in having high expectations of any Ritz Carlton and this was a disappointment.

The best part of this Ritz Carlton - and any Ritz (I've stayed at 8) - is the service. The actual Ritz Carlton employees at this hotel were pretty nice and service oriented, but in three days I did not hear the signature expression "my pleasure" uttered a single time.

The restaurant is run by a third party and their service is way below Ritz standards. I had breakfast one morning and dinner one evening there. The dinner was good, but breakfast was not - in fact, I would recommend skipping it.

My room smelled musty but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean. The bathroom did not have a fan and the shower was over a tub (not a walk-in shower). I left my room at 8:00 and when I returned around 3:30, the maid hadn't been in yet. I stayed in a water view room with a nice balcony but the lower floors of the hotel jut out passed the upper floors, so much of the view was rooftop. I think asking for the a room on one of the highest floors would be best.

I had several spa treatments and they were excellent. As was the service at the spa. The facilities, however, were not great - think basic tile instead of polished marble and a shortage of places to relax after your treatment. There are only three showers in the spa and one was out of order. The one I used had a clean towel waiting for me so it had been checked before I went in, but the shampoo and conditioner were covered in a very noticeable amount of hair.

The hotel is in downtown Sarasota. To use the beach facilities, you have to drive or take the shuttle (I recommend driving - valet parking is easy and then you don't need to be on shuttle time!) about 20 minutes to the beach club at Lido Key. This facility is lovely and much more Ritz-like. Plan on spending the days here - it's definitely the highlight of the property!

My trip was planned as a getaway weekend. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone with that goal when they can just head down to one of the Ritz Carltons in Naples. If, however, you have to travel for business to Sarasota and you can squeeze in a day at the beach club, then by all means book it!

1 Thank NewFloridaMom
michigan
“The beach club is awesome! The rooms need a makeover....”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I am giving this 5 stars because overall the experience was excellent. The service is amazing at check-in, at the beach club, the shuttle drivers, and at the restaurant Jack Dusty. We really had an amazing time here when we booked a last minute, 1-night stay. The rooms, however, really need a makeover. The decor was very tired, and the room was quite small compared to the Fort Lauderdale Ritz that we had just left.

Yes, the resort is not on the beach, but the shuttle to the beach club is on the hour, so we had no problem with that. The beach club was amazing! the pool was gorgeous and everything was spotless and looked brand new. The Sarasota beach is absolutely gorgeous! The water was crystal clear, and we loved walking up and down and observing all the fish and stingrays. It was also a very laid back and quiet beach, which was a strong contrast to the Lauderdale beach we just left.

This hotel would be great for families! We saw plenty of kids enjoying the pool and the beach at the beach club. It really was a luxurious and gorgeous club. The poolside food and drinks were delicious- a little expensive (expected), but delicious! ($13 daiquiris, $10 mixed drinks, and $6 beers, for reference.)

We had breakfast and lunch at Jack Dusty (the hotels restaurant) and absolutely loved it! The design and overall atmosphere was brilliant, and it is a place I would eat it often if i lived in the area. It is modern and sophisticated, but still manages to be casual and welcoming.

I would absolutely stay here again if I was in the area. I loved the shuttle to St.Armands circle in the evening, so we could enjoy the area without having to worry about driving.

It was a little slice of paradise, and perfect for anyone looking for a relaxing vacation. The Ritz knows what they are doing when it comes to travelers with a taste for the finer things.