“Delicious”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Fruitville & Highway 41
Description: With 80 indoor main dining room seats and 30 outdoor seats taking advantage of the breathtaking bay and marina view, CdZ’s updated take on American steakhouse offerings will impress with diverse Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner menus featuring beautifully-prepared dishes punctuated by prime meats, bold flavors, and local seasonal ingredients.
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Delicious”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great food, desserts and service!!! We stayed there for our honeymoon and they made it very special. Everything was wonderful.

Visited March 2014

Davenport, Florida
“Not the usual Ritz Carlton service.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I checked in and everything was pleasant. There was probably more than one valet attendant needed though. Everyone used my name in the wonderful, usual Ritz Carlton manner. But my biggest complaint is that I came for 3 days of pure relaxation and on the very first night after a brisk workout and a visit to the Club Level Lounge, I returned to my room and began to draw a bath. The water was so hot it burnt my foot. Then I put the faucet on all cold but still it wasn't enough to cool the water to bathe in. I went to drain the bath and then nothing happened. The drain was clogged. I called down to the front desk and they sent someone up right away. The guy ended up having to snake the drain and this took quite sometime. I had forgotten my glass of wine tub-side so now it had become hot and was right near where he had been snaking and I didn't want to chance drinking something that could have had pipe sludge flung in it. Needless to say the wine was ruined. The smell that lingered after he left was gross. Again, I called down to the front desk and they said they would send someone up. 20 min later no on had come. I called down a third time and again she said she would send someone to clean the tub. A housekeeper arrived and had a bag of shampoo she thought she had to drop off. I told her, "No, someone was suppose to clean the tub since they had to clear it." She then said she would be back. It was now 10:00pm and I was exhausted. She came back and cleaned the tub. The whole process took a little under 2 hours. Needless to say I didn't end up getting to take a bath because of the time and how tired I was. I'm really hoping that the next two nights are much more enjoyable and relaxing.

1 Thank mammagoose7
Fabrizio C, Manager at The Ritz Carlton Sarasota, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
I wanted to thank you for your comments and feedback. Obviously we did not meet your expectations during your first day of your visit and I am very sorry. Our mission as a Ritz-Carlton is to create exceptional memories and we certainly fell short. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly to see where my team and I missed on delivering on our promise to you. I look forward to speaking with you.
Warmest Regards,

Fabrizio Calvo
Director of Rooms
London, United Kingdom
“Easter Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

An excellent selection of food which was hot and tasty and provided all that we could possibly have eaten...and more! The champagne was offered when we sat down and more was offered during the meal.
It was not a sunny day and the a/c was circulating cool air and some of my party were cool. The music was good but the general ambience was poor. The dining area was a large ballroom and the table decorations were small. We have eaten brunch in much nicer surroundings. It was very expensive. In addition to the high cost per person there was a 'banquet charge' which was almost the equivalent cost of one more person. This was not mentioned at the time of booking. This made the total price prohibitive and, as nice as it was, it was much more than it was worth.

Sarasota, Florida
“Denium aprons didn't cut it for me when I was celebrating a special anniversary”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We went to the Ritz in Sarasota for our 53rd anniversary with anticipation of an evening filled with ambitious and linen table cloths. What a surprise and disappointment when we were seated in a verandah type area beside an espresso that was gurgling out its next cup of drink. We asked to have a table in the main dining room and apparently this was it. The maître d did move us away from that area to another part of the room. It was difficult to make a selection from the menu as there was nothing that popped right out as "special entrée" for the occasion. The portions were not large enough to have us leave feeling totally satisfied with our meal. I can think of many more wonderful restaurant to celebrate an occasion in Sarasota so this will not be a repeat from this couple.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lois C
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz Carlton Sarasota, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Lois C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry your dining experience was a disappointing one, particularly since you joined us to celebrate an occasion as special as your 53rd anniversary. Your business is very important to us and it seems clear, our new signature restaurant did not meet your expectations and for this, I am truly sorry. Please feel free to contact me directly if you care to discuss this further at 941-309-2001.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan
Holmes Beach, Florida
“What do you think this is?....The Ritz?”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This review is for Jack Dusty, a downstair casual dining room of the Ritz in Sarasota.
This is one of several dining experiences I have had at a Ritz Carlton, some in other areas of Florida, mostly good food and experiences.
A few days ago, a group of 4 ladies in our party decided to share some special friendship/cuisine time at ‘The Ritz’ for lunch.
We ate downstairs at the Jack Dusty casual restaurant overlooking the marina. We were immediately charmed of the ambience as an upscale old fishing village feeling. As our experience progressed, 3 of us ordered the Lobster Roll, described on a bun w chips. The 4th lady in our party ordered a sushi appetizer of which 2 of the 3 ingredients on the menu they were out of, thus substituted with a less quality item.
The presentation started with a delicious bread baked in a tin can, and plates were actually a small cookie sheet with attractive disposable place mats on each, and substantial flatware w unique fish designs.
Upon receiving our orders, the lobster rolls appeared to be mostly bread with a little lobster salad and warm sauce on top. It was not filling for a lunch entrée. One of the ladies stated not much lobster meat on the plate, so I confirmed the observation, and we all agreed. For $19.00, one could expect to be ‘not still hungry’ upon completing the lunch, without so it being so ‘carbohydrate dominate’. (Note: I am not typically a big eater, nor am I overweight). We all considered it not a value or not even equal to price. Of course, we expect ‘expensive’ at The Ritz, but also expect a good food product experience.
The service was timely, since they were not busy. However, it was average and lacked enthusiasm.

When I dine at a restaurant, the first question I ask myself is: “Would I go back”? Wellllll, not so sure.

1 Thank a l
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz Carlton Sarasota, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear a l,

Thank you for your recent review. While I was pleased you were charmed by the overall ambience of our signature restaurant, I was very sorry to hear of the disappointments you described. Your constructive feedback is appreciated and if you would like to discuss this further with me I can be reached at 941.309-2001.

Best wishes,