“Smooth for a business Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersGold level
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Smooth for a business Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

HI All,
I just wanted to give kudos to the Holiday Inn by the Sarasota Airport. I had a wonderful experience. There was good food, and even stayed open 10min later so I could eat for the day. I appreciated that. Marshal. & Dan did a great job accomodating everything I needed, including directions to my business meetings.

Relaxing environment to get all of my work done, and enjoy the wonderful weather.
Thanks

Room Tip: All rooms were good, had inside atrium!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hisrqgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2011
Thank you so much for your positive comment. We are very excited to have met and exceeded your expectations and this is what we strive for at the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. I have passed along your acolades to Marshall and Dan as well as our team.
Mohammad Gharavi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Hungarian first
Sykesville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in March while visiting the area to see a spring training baseball game. The location is very convenient to the main airport and to the general aviation portion of the airport. Very modern rooms and common areas and a great 6 story atrium with very colorful decor. The staff was very helpful, especially front desk personnel. There was some noise from the corridor and neighboring rooms.
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay.
There is a convenience store and gas station just down the road on the way to the airport. An easy place to refuel before returning your rental car to the airport.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your positive comment. We are very excited to have met and exceeded your expectations and this is what we strive for at the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. I have comunicated your comments to our Front Office staff and our service team.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

I didn't choose this hotel - it's what Priceline gave us. At first, I felt that my lucky bargain streak with Priceline had finally come to an end. I felt I may have overspent to stay at "just" a Holiday Inn Express. But I was fine with it since we were just looking for an "OK" hotel to stay with my wife while visiting the Longboat Key area. However, this hotel was one of the cleanest and most amenity-filled hotels I've ever come across. We got a jacuzzi in our room that we definitely took advantage of. With the heated indoor pool and a waterfall in the lobby, it was a huge surprise - especially for the price we paid for the room. We ordered eggs benedict for breakfast from the restaurant bar (located across the waterfall) and they brought it up to our room. They brought our breakfast up with champagne and a "Happy Anniversary" cake. Granted, that breakfast cost as much as the room but the experience and service was as good as a Disney hotel and better than a Hilton and Hyatt. I would definitely stay here again for business or pleasure. The staff was great, the room was clean. My expectations were exceeded. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

We rented a king suite, and our experience began with check-in by an exceptionally friendly and professional young man at reception. We found a nice large room waiting for us, with modern furnishings and a convenient refrigerator and microwave. Great shower, with quality shampoo, conditioner, and soap.

We requested a fan one night (husband's always too warm!), and a blanket the next (he freezes me out!), and both were delivered promptly. The pillows are curiously small for a king-sized bed, but comfortable enough. Despite the hotel being across from the airport, and our room just around the corner from the elevator, the room was nice and quiet.

The only negative experience occurred on our first night, when the smoke detector started chirping to signal a low battery -- at 3:30 AM! Due to the hour, there was no maintenance staff in-house, and it took some time for the front-desk worker and security officer to rectify the situation.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. We'd choose the hotel again, if we found ourselves back in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Axat, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

Don't let the pretty looks and hype of this new location fool you, the rooms are noisy and poorly laid out, the desk staff is unfriendly and unaccomodating, and we were charged for incidentals we did not use. Sure, they've corrected the financial mistake (after the fact), but the overwhelmingly unhelpful and unfriendly atmosphere coupled with the noisy room insures I'll never book here again. Choose the La Quinta on US-41 instead, it's much nicer, cheaper, friendlier, and you'll get breakfast on the house.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

We all enjoyed heated indoor pool, saunas and cozy patio, great breakfast, comfortable nicely decorated rooms... no downside!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hisrqgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 28 February 2011
Thank you so much for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed some of the amenities we have provided for your comfort.
Moghammad Gharavi GM
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

I'm a very frequent traveler, so I know a good thing when I see it. I've belonged to the Holiday Inn Priority Club for more years than I care to admit. Years ago, most Holiday Inns were dreary. I'm happy to report that the executives at Holiday Inn have done their research and listened to customer input and built a modern, high quality hotel.

This location is a little over a year old. They got almost everything right. The room is spacious, clean, modern, etc., etc. The TV is a large flat screen, the Internet is wifi and free, the bed is very comfortable, the room is large, there's a refrigerator in the room, there are lots of electrical outlets in places where you want them. The hotel atrium is large and attractive. What else? There is a guest laundry room and it's free!! Can you believe that? The physical fitness room is fairly well-equipped (not perfect, but very good.) There's a restaurant in the lobby that serves really delicious burgers.

If I have to find any negatives, here they are. The lighting in the bathroom could be better. There are no safe deposit boxes, including the front desk. The maids could do slightly better work. But I must emphasize, these are very minor complaints. This is a top-quality Holiday Inn that has a 3-star rating, that really should be 3½ stars. When have you heard that before?

Don't hesitate to stay at this Holiday Inn location. If any Holiday Inn executives are reading my review, I applaud you and encourage you to continue building more like this and upgrading old locations.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your detailed comments. I certainly appreciate it and rest assured I have passed on your positive and suggestions to our team. We will make sure we improve the lighting in the bathrooms in addition we will retrain our housekeeping staff to do a more detailed cleaning in the rooms. We have purchased and installed safe deposit boxes at the front desk and at your next visit please do not hesitate to ask for it. Again thank you for your suggestions and looking forward to serving you in a very near future at the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport.
Mohammad Gharavi, GM