“Great New Holiday Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
St. George, Utah
“Great New Holiday Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2011

This may be the best Holiday Inn that I have ever stayed in----less than 2 years old, sparkling clean with all of the amenities of a five-star hotel. Right next to the Sarasota-Bradenton Airport but very quiet and the perfect location. The Sporting News Grill is their restaurant, which has a sports bar flavor with a varied and excellent menu. There is a beautiful patio area out back of the restaurant if you want to relax outside and enjoy your meal or have a drink. Rooms are spacious with great beds, large flat screen TVs and the bathroom has a large walk-in shower. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hisrqgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2011
Mohammad Gharavi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Hungarian first
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

The Rooms themselves are well designed and nice amenities. But the building is designed poorly. The Atrium lobby looks good but ALL of the sound carries throughout the building and the walls to the rooms are thin, so that you can always hear what's happening downstairs. On arrival there was a live sports radio show taking place and my friend and I had to go sit outside in the awful heat rather than have the quiet drink we had been planning. That last ten minutes because then a DJ came and set up. We gave up and went elsewhere. That night there was a lot of activity in the bar and at 2:30 or thereabouts the couple across the hall got into a drunken marital fight in the hallway and then in their room. After half an hour I went to the door to just see what was going on and the Secuirty guard was already there. The same thing happened at around 4 that morning. I swtiched rooms the next day ( not so easily by the way) and that night after a late night room service club sandwich (pretty good) I did as was requested. I called downstairs to say I was putting my tray outside my door and they would come "immediately" and pick it up. This was about 11:30. At 3:00 am there was aloud crash and its aftermath - yet another drunken couple had tripped over the tray and spread its contents all over the hall. About an hour later I was wakened by the sound of a staff member cleaning it up. The staff by and large was nice and the driver of the shuttle was especially kind but this hotel is the last place I'll ever stay in Sarasota. More than my money I want those three sleepless nights back!

Room Tip: no such thing - they all face the echo chamber of
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
hisrqgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we take all our guest comments to heart and use them to educate and train our team to be sensitive to guests needs and consistently provide outstanding and impeccable service. I have shared your views with our team and will strive to meet and exceed your expectations at your next visit to Sarasota and The Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport.
Looking forward to serving you.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

HI All,
I just wanted to give kudos to the Holiday Inn by the Sarasota Airport. I had a wonderful experience. There was good food, and even stayed open 10min later so I could eat for the day. I appreciated that. Marshal. & Dan did a great job accomodating everything I needed, including directions to my business meetings.

Relaxing environment to get all of my work done, and enjoy the wonderful weather.
Thanks

Room Tip: All rooms were good, had inside atrium!
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your positive comment. We are very excited to have met and exceeded your expectations and this is what we strive for at the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. I have passed along your acolades to Marshall and Dan as well as our team.
Sykesville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in March while visiting the area to see a spring training baseball game. The location is very convenient to the main airport and to the general aviation portion of the airport. Very modern rooms and common areas and a great 6 story atrium with very colorful decor. The staff was very helpful, especially front desk personnel. There was some noise from the corridor and neighboring rooms.
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay.
There is a convenience store and gas station just down the road on the way to the airport. An easy place to refuel before returning your rental car to the airport.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your positive comment. We are very excited to have met and exceeded your expectations and this is what we strive for at the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. I have comunicated your comments to our Front Office staff and our service team.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

I didn't choose this hotel - it's what Priceline gave us. At first, I felt that my lucky bargain streak with Priceline had finally come to an end. I felt I may have overspent to stay at "just" a Holiday Inn Express. But I was fine with it since we were just looking for an "OK" hotel to stay with my wife while visiting the Longboat Key area. However, this hotel was one of the cleanest and most amenity-filled hotels I've ever come across. We got a jacuzzi in our room that we definitely took advantage of. With the heated indoor pool and a waterfall in the lobby, it was a huge surprise - especially for the price we paid for the room. We ordered eggs benedict for breakfast from the restaurant bar (located across the waterfall) and they brought it up to our room. They brought our breakfast up with champagne and a "Happy Anniversary" cake. Granted, that breakfast cost as much as the room but the experience and service was as good as a Disney hotel and better than a Hilton and Hyatt. I would definitely stay here again for business or pleasure. The staff was great, the room was clean. My expectations were exceeded. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

We rented a king suite, and our experience began with check-in by an exceptionally friendly and professional young man at reception. We found a nice large room waiting for us, with modern furnishings and a convenient refrigerator and microwave. Great shower, with quality shampoo, conditioner, and soap.

We requested a fan one night (husband's always too warm!), and a blanket the next (he freezes me out!), and both were delivered promptly. The pillows are curiously small for a king-sized bed, but comfortable enough. Despite the hotel being across from the airport, and our room just around the corner from the elevator, the room was nice and quiet.

The only negative experience occurred on our first night, when the smoke detector started chirping to signal a low battery -- at 3:30 AM! Due to the hour, there was no maintenance staff in-house, and it took some time for the front-desk worker and security officer to rectify the situation.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. We'd choose the hotel again, if we found ourselves back in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Axat, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

Don't let the pretty looks and hype of this new location fool you, the rooms are noisy and poorly laid out, the desk staff is unfriendly and unaccomodating, and we were charged for incidentals we did not use. Sure, they've corrected the financial mistake (after the fact), but the overwhelmingly unhelpful and unfriendly atmosphere coupled with the noisy room insures I'll never book here again. Choose the La Quinta on US-41 instead, it's much nicer, cheaper, friendlier, and you'll get breakfast on the house.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business