“BEST holiday inn we have ever stayed in”

Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersGold level
“BEST holiday inn we have ever stayed in”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

this place is absolutely beautiful. it's location isn't the best but what a hidden jewel!
everything about this place is class & the food is great. there is a fire pit with comfortable
seating outside the dinning room, where you can have a cocktail & relax.

Room Tip: i always go for the higher rooms but all rooms are great
Green Features: yes, this is appreciated also. they are very environmentally conscious & it shows
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Hungarian first
Highland Park, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I just spent three days at this hotel and had an amazing time. The staff was wonderful and the hotel was clean and beautiful. Wonderful experience especially in the Restaurant. I had a fantastic waitress Sandy who was friendly, hard working and took great care of me.She is a real standout at this hotel! Will definitely return here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Holiday Inn has really stepped it up. Décor of the hotel was really really nice. Kids really enjoyed the spa area, parents enjoyed the lobby and outside fire pit area. Would defiantly stay here again.
The sports grill food was very tasty, just a bit understaff. Management need to pay close attention to that, I'm sure they knew far in advanced that the hotel was going to booked up and that this Soccer Showcase was going. Being that it was listed as a choice of hotels through the Soccer Club.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 10 days in August while we were identifying longer term housing in the area. Scott was wonderful at check in. He made sure we had enough space in our room as we had extra baggage due to relocating. He also made sure we had a microwave in the room since we would be staying so long. He was always friendly and professional when we were leaving or returning to the hotel.

The room and bathroom were very spacious and the decorations were modern. There were plenty of plug-ins for electronics. The commons areas were nicely decorated and inviting. The spa area was better than expected. I especially enjoyed the gym, pool and steam room. There was also a hot tub and sauna. Other perks included a restaurant that offered happy hour specials and a coffee bar.

At the end of 10 days I only had two complaints. First, the wireless internet would disconnect often so I would have to reload the Holiday Inn connection page several times on many different occasions to continue using the internet. Second, guests staying the last few days made it difficult to get to sleep and/or stay asleep. We were informed that soccer teams were staying over the weekend. It was common to hear kids yelling and running in the halls at night and in the morning.

Despite these issues, it was a positive experience overall and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A room higher up and down a hall would probably decrease the noise from other guests.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JamieLynnM
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My family second time staying at this hotel on a Labor Day weekend. Clean rooms and the staff was great for the most part. Checked out Sunday 9/01 and the front desk lady was a bit rude. Defiantly didn't want to be there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Longwood, FL
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice! It was rated as a 3-star on the website we booked through, and I would say it was solidly that!

Bathroom clean, comfortable bed, nice lobby, incredibly friendly staff (particularly the young lady who checked us in). Hotel was well-kept and a pleasant place to stay.

I'm seriously fussy, so here's the negatives:
The hotel was full of kids attending a soccer tournament in town. Because of the layout of the hotel (rooms overlooking an open concept lobby) it was noisy. Might request a hotel down one of the corridors next time.
Some furniture is showing wear - desks and edges of dressers are chipped, the leg fell off my ottoman, but nothing really remarkable. Just something I noticed.
Then, as I was writing this review, I moved the ottoman to fix the leg and found a pair of flip flops under it! Um.....they're not mine? So, questionable vacuuming, maybe. But, overall the room/hotel at least seemed really clean.

• Stayed August 2013
Oban, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Brilliant hotel!
I will start by saying that I can't remember ever staying in a hotel with better front desk reception service. Mark was the guy on reception during the days of my stay and he could teach them a thing or two at the 5 star hotels I've stayed at. He is a real asset to this hotel, what a breath of fresh air!

The hotel is pretty new by the looks of it and I found it to be very comfortable. The room was very well appointed and I thought the bed was fabulous. The pillows were great! The bathroom was clean and functional, maybe not the fanciest but more than acceptable.

The breakfasts were not overpriced as is often the way in hotels these days. I very much enjoyed the food.

The location of the hotel is a little off the beaten path with not much nearby but this was no problem for me.

My only regret is that they don't have an outside pool.

All in all this was a great stay and I would go out of my way to return in the future.

Thanks to the whole team.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
hisrq-gm, Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Ron and Kristin,
Thank you so much for the great feedback on your stay with us here at The Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. We are so happy that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves on our staff, and agree with you on your comments about Mark.
Thank you again, and hope to see you back for another fantastic stay experience.

Regards,