“So-so”

Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel looks good when you first walk in. After that it is all down hill. Front desk staff is competent, but the rest are lacking. Numerous times, we had to ask for towels and cleaning service. You shouldn't have to ask. "Party rooms" are right below the 2nd floor rooms, so don't bother planning on sleeping if you are stuck in those rooms. My advice is to drive another couple of minutes down the street to a better hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Dear Chad S,

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I felt like I won the jackpot, reserving this hotel for a great price through Hotwire! When I walked in, I saw it was beautiful and clean, and inviting. The front desk person was friendly and efficient, and I was headed to my room quickly. I took a look at the gym and pool; both were clean and very nice, though I didn't take the time to use either.

My room was extremely clean, comfortable, and nice; and the free wi-fi worked well with no problems.

The way the hotel was built, all of the rooms are arranged around a large atrium, such that from my room, I could hear all of the activity in the atrium/lounge/bar area. Fortunately, I stayed on a Sunday night so there wasn't as much activity as there could have been. the noise didn't bother me before I went to bed, and I regularly use earplugs when traveling, so I had no trouble once my earplugs were in. (I didn't even try to sleep without earplugs just because I never do; I use them every single night no matter where I am, even at home.)

I would definitely recommend this hotel and if i'm ever in the area again, I'll try to stay here again.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room on a higher floor would result in less noise from the atrium?
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Me and my husband stayed here while on vacation last week and loved the place. Great décor, very clean rooms, and an excellent Jacuzzi to relax in. The only negative is its not really centrally located in town and off a frontage road by the airport. But overall a great hotel and I would recommend it to any traveler.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bethany S
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stay nearly 100 nights a year on the road. This is by far the best HI I have ever seen. Cons: poor wifi, expensive breakfast with no lite fare options (all I wanted was a banana and was sent to the 7/11 since they couldn't oblige), no spring water in fitness center. Pros: awesome pool and jacuzzi, chic decor throughout, free (but poor) wifi, very nice comfy beds (pillows aren't the greatest).

Very nice staff and a beautiful hotel. All other HI's would be jealous if they could see this one. I will definitely be back, but it would be nice to have better wifi service. Upgrade that wifi and this is the first 5 star HI I have ever seen. Great job.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very nice! Scott, at the front desk was very professional, friendly and so helpful. Indoor pool was great for the kids since it was a chilly night when we stayed. breakfast buffet for only an extra dollar added to the room rate was also awesome. We very much enjoyed our stay and would stay again if in the area thank you!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
hisrq-gm, Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Christin,
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am so glad that your family enjoyed our indoor pool and our current breakfast promotion. Scott is an outstanding representative of our hotel and I'll make sure that your accolades are passed along to him.
We hope you will return again for another great stay.
Regards,
Marshall Williamson

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We have always stayed at the Hyatt in Sarasota and made a change to the Holiday inn because I heard it was newer. OMG, It is beautiful hideaway spot. Location sucks. but it is easy access to University Pkwy to get to everything by car of course, what else here in Fl. The hotel is not only beautifully decorated it has a decent bar/grill, the most dedicated customer friendly staff throughout the hotel. It offers free washing machine and dryer front loaders, only 1 but u buy he soap at front desk, go to second floor and wash your clothes. The rooms are very nice. Very uncomfortable bed pillows. bring ur own,The maid service is ok, don't expect them to take out dirty glasses. U can go to the Bar downstairs and bring ur wine up to ur room. They have a nice clean work out room, indoor pool/hot tub/sauna and very nice outdoor living area outside the pool and bar. They will serve u out there as well. In addition this reminds me of the Ritz, on a modest budget. Cant go wrong here. The price is so affordable. The staff are all wonderfully customer service orientated. Oh one more thing, free wifi, and it is terrible. 2 bars is all u get and they use "hotspot" its crap. Other than that, I recommend this hotel over any other except the Wifii access.

Room Tip: Bad wifii no matter what, ask for a room off the main corridor, pillows are small squares, not sure...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Chose this hotel as a photo shoot location. Was not disappointed. Got lots of great photos from various locations in the hotel. The Jacuzzi was awesome. Everything was very clean and modern. Even has a sports bar and grill off the lobby. Can't believe the value. This is not a 3-star hotel. This is really more like a 4-star hotel. One note of caution. I don't like the railings on the upper floors. This hotel is six storeys tall, and the floors are all arranged with a view of the lobby, creating a very cavernous, open view. If you have small children consider a different hotel due to the safety risk of children going over the railings of the 3rd through 6th floors. It's just too dangerous. For adults traveling without children, you can't beat this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business