“Great place to stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sarasota, Florida
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Hotel staff very pleasant and helpful. The hotel hosted our Defender Winter Rally in January 2014. Rooms were clean, lobby is an excellent place to lounge, and the fire pit is awesome. The heated pool is great for cold weather days. The Sports bar and restaurant provided good service and quality food. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher you the quitter it is.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
hisrq-gm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read your comments and look forward to hosting the rally again next year. We are proud of our staff and continue to strive for excellence and make everyones stay a pleasant one.

General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Hungarian first
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Went to meet with 150 of our closest friends. Rooms were all ready on time, very clean ,lots of room to park. Pool is inside with a spa. They have sports bar and big area to eat. Breakfast lunch and dinner were great. They made each and every one of us feel very comfortable. Did I mention we are a motorcycle club. Gave us the hospitality room to go CrAzEy. Won't stay any where else in Sarasota.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your response. I understand it was a great rally for your organization. I have recently come on Board as General Manager and heard such great reviews from both staff and organization members. Thank you for taking the time to reply. We will continue to strive for excellence.

florida
Reviewed 15 January 2014

“Thunder by the Bay”
My wife and I stayed here during the most recent Thunder by the Bay in January 2014. The hotel was clean, the food was good and the service the staff members provided us made us feel at home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that was staying in the Sarasota area.
The room was very comfortable and clean, I slept very soundly. I ate both breakfast and dinner at the hotel and both were very good. The restaurant was clean, and the service was good.
Even with the airport next door I did not hear a plane at all during the weekend. Thank you for your hospitality during our stay, we look forward to coming back again next year.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Stay above the 3rd floor for less niose from the first floor lobby or ball room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I understand meetings are taking place to have your organizations function here again next year. Although just coming on board, I heard many nice comments from the staff and how they enjoyed everyone being here for your meetings. I am very proud to work for a staff that truly cares about their guests. Thank you for taking time to espond to the survey.

North Port, Florida
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here during the most recent Thunder by the Bay in January 2014. We are in the Defenders MC Club, and we had a great time. The hotel was clean, the food was good and the service the staff members provided us made us feel at home. I would recommend your hotel to anyone that was staying in the Sarasota area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and did not hear any noise from the first floor lobby or ball room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I have received many compliments from your organization as to the high level of food, service and accommodations. I am proud to be a new member of the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport and it is customers such as you that makes the position so much more enjoyable. I will share your comments, along with others to the staff.

Dennis l. Patrick
General
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 January 2014

As a long time Team Mom whose Family travels year round for Soccer, we have logged a lot of hotel stays in the last 6 years. In all that time, I can't think of a single property and staff that exceeded my expectations they way Dylan Bower and his crew at the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport did. From the first phone call and e-mail to the final check out, I was very impressed with how everything was handled. As with any event, there were a few minor glitches in the system (such as asking for "tickets" to the breakfast buffet when none were issued), but regardless of the time day or night, everything was resolved quickly and professionally.

The rooms were clean and able to hold all our gear and still spacious enough for 17 year old Boys to spread out and do their homework or relax. The beds were comfortable, the desk big enough to really work on with our laptops, and the extra outlets for every known electronic gadget came in handy.

Meals ranging from the breakfast buffet, to boxed lunches, and catered dinners were on time, nutritious, hot, and good. Even when asked to accommodate gluten free requirements for a Player, there was never a hesitation to provide pictures of product labels and explanations about their food handling techniques to avoid cross contamination.

The lobby, decor, and furnishings inside were completely complimented by the welcoming and attractive lounge area with fire pit outside. Multiple teams took advantage of this great place to mingle when they had a little down time.The indoor pool with a wall of sliding glass doors that opened to the cabanas was a big hit with Parents and Players alike.

Please know that even though my review is from a Team perspective, I would not hesitate to stay there for business or pleasure in the future. The Hotel made their expectations regarding noise and behavior very clear from the beginning and from what I could see, they were proactive in addressing minor issues as they arouse to be sure rules were consistently enforced. Throughout our visit, I spoke in passing to fellow travelers who were there for a business meeting, on vacation, or attending a Holiday Banquet and they all expressed how much they were enjoying their stay with not a single complaint about the property hosting multiple Teams.

I appreciate everything Dylan Bower did to make our stay amazing and I can only hope that our upcoming trips to South Florida and Virginia will be as enjoyable!

Room Tip: Our room had a great view of the airport - especially the lights at night - but we did not hear any...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle Z
Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel. Although just coming on board, It is very comforting to see all the positive comments on Trip Advisor. It has been compliments such as yours that made my choice easier to relocate to this property. I would have to agree very much about Dylan. He is very conscientous, professional and will go far in this industry. I look forward to working with him. I heard your group was very well organized and everyone at this location appreciates your business.

Dennis l. Patrick
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We booked several rooms for a soccer showcase in November. The sales staff, especially Cecilia did an excellent job at securing our rooms and staying in touch before, during and after our stay. It was convenient to have a restaurant right in the hotel. They also have a complimentary washer and dryer but only 1 of each. We were lucky to be able to use it, but sure would be nice if they had more than just 1 of each. The rooms are laid out well and easy to get to. The suites are very large allowing for a comfortable stay. Refrigerators are large enough to keep quite a few things. Large working desk and plenty of counter space. Our room did have a musty odor like lingering smoke. It was not too bad but will ask for a non-smoking room next time. We will be using the hotel again for future soccer showcases.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank soccermom1630
Thank you for taking the furnish your positive comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you and your group to your satisfaction. As the newly appointed General manager, one of my duties is to inspect rooms on a daily basis. While we are a complete non-smoking hotel, someone will occasionaly forget and light up a cigarette. I am pleased to announce that my first inspection of every room turned up no trace of lingering smoke. The housekeeping staff obviously did an excellent job getting rid of the smell. Thank you for your input and we look forward to hosting your group again in the future if you are returning to this location.

monticello
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is the best holiday inn we have stayed at. Clean rooms, great service. The pool was a little smaller then expected and hot tub was Very Hot, but other then that, we had a great stay. We got the room with the bonus room with bunk beds, great for kids.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the property. It is comments such as yours that makes it enjoyable to be a part of this team at the Holiday Inn. We are glad you enjoyed the room and especially the extra room with bunk beds for the kids. As a parent of 3, it's exciting when the kids are excited as well and not in the usual 4 walls hotel room. There have been a lot of our traveling families that love this particular room.

Dennis l. patrick