“GREAT hotel!”

Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We have stayed at the Sarasota Airport Holiday Inn on three occasions, approximately a year apart. This Holiday Inn provides a full ample breakfast and we were issued vouchers on check in. From the front desk to the restaurant and bar, the service is above reproach. The rooms are, quiet, spacious, immaculate and state of the art. Many of the rooms have a 'surround' view of the comfortable lounge area several floors below Our last stay was last minute, having had our connecting flight cancelled to Chicago due to weather. This staff is so very gracious. We have traveled the world and for the price and comfort of this particular hotel, it is a favorite. We wouldn't stay anywhere else while in Sarasota.

Room Tip: The suites are a bargain.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
hisrq-gm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for your comments. and comments such as yours makes me proud to be a part of this team. We strive hard everyday to keep our guests happy. We keep moving forward at such a positive pace and it is enjoyable seeing so many happy guests. thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

My family and I decided on the spur of the moment to visit Sarasota. I chose this location based on the fact that it has an indoor pool and hot tub. I also could book it using my IHG points.

Scott at the front desk was very friendly and professional. I was not offered any cookies or water for being an IHG member, but I was given a complimentary upgrade to a kid's suite. I really appreciated that! That was important to me since I have 2 boys and they need their own beds, and their own bedroom if possible!

The hotel has an impressive lobby with atrium. It was beautiful, clean, and stylish. Tons of seating. A bar and sports grill on the premises. You can tell it is a newer hotel by its clean and open feeling.

Our room had a queen bed and small fridge. No microwave. The bed was fine, but I did not care for the pillows. They were uncomfortable. At the end of room was a small bedroom with bunk beds, which my boys loved! My little one got right on the bean bag chair and started playing. There was a closet, shelves with baskets, a tv, and very sturdy bunk beds. This room also has high ceilings, which was great because there was plenty of room on the top bunk. My son didn't feel squished. He had plenty of head room, which you don't find in older hotels. There was a door to the room as well. Bathroom was nice and modern. We had a little trouble flushing the toilet.

We were down a hallway at the end, so we weren't in the atrium area where some people have written here that it is noisy. We heard nothing outside our doors or windows. We had a nice view of the airport.

We loved the pool! It has been cold in Florida, so it was nice to have an indoor pool to enjoy. The hot tub was nice, though the water felt a little too hot. I called the front desk and maintenance was there within 10 minutes. He opened the doors leading to a nice outdoor sitting area. That helped a lot. I used the steam room, too. A new experience for me! Really nice. I didn't try the sauna.

We ate in the sports bar on site. I have reviewed that separately. I found the food to be average. They have a fire pit outside, but it was not going when we were down in the restaurant around 6:00 pm. I was hoping to see it and maybe sit by it. It was a cold night.

All in all a nice overnight visit. We stayed in, so the fact that this hotel is not close to many things was not an issue for us. I would return to this hotel. It is very clean and new with good service.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments. hearings comments such as yours makes me proud to a part of this team. This is a beautiful property and the ownership upgrqaded many items for the comfort and viewing pleasure of our guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

If you are having to stay near the airport make this your first choice. The facilities and staff were top notch. A special thanks to Samantha at the front for making our early check in possible. The restaurant and bar were great!

Room Tip: Make use of the hot tub, pool and sauna. Very nice!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
hisrq-gm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for your time in reviewing our property. We take great pride in our operation and pleasing our guests. I will make sure to pass your compliments on to the appropriate staff.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

First out, this is a very good 3 star hotel. The staff were very pleasant and welcoming, and the room was clean and functional. Unfortunately it is very isolated with absolutely nothing going on nearby making having your own transport an absolute necessity !.
Minor issue with breakfast in that the Hotel claimed to have had no knowledge that we had prepaid for it through Hotels.com when making the reservation. Fortunately we had printed the reservation off and were able to produce it. The bar also closed around 11pm when we were there which was a bit inconvenient.
All in all though, a pleasant stay, however if we ever return to Sarasota we are more likely to look for a hotel somewhere near the Lido Beach.
That area was bustling with nice restaraunts and shops and probably would be better suited to the leisure traveller.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. We agree the property is isolated to a certain extent, this is one of the reasons we offer shuttle service to the immediate area. I apologize for the misunderstanding on our part about breakfast. Having just arrived at this location, meetings with the staff and training will eliminate confusion such as this. The Web sites offer different packages so constant updating your training program is always needed.

It is input such as yours that help us to strive for perfection. A property with such caliber is always moving forward to please its guests.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Hotel staff very pleasant and helpful. The hotel hosted our Defender Winter Rally in January 2014. Rooms were clean, lobby is an excellent place to lounge, and the fire pit is awesome. The heated pool is great for cold weather days. The Sports bar and restaurant provided good service and quality food. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher you the quitter it is.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
hisrq-gm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read your comments and look forward to hosting the rally again next year. We are proud of our staff and continue to strive for excellence and make everyones stay a pleasant one.

General manager

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Went to meet with 150 of our closest friends. Rooms were all ready on time, very clean ,lots of room to park. Pool is inside with a spa. They have sports bar and big area to eat. Breakfast lunch and dinner were great. They made each and every one of us feel very comfortable. Did I mention we are a motorcycle club. Gave us the hospitality room to go CrAzEy. Won't stay any where else in Sarasota.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your response. I understand it was a great rally for your organization. I have recently come on Board as General Manager and heard such great reviews from both staff and organization members. Thank you for taking the time to reply. We will continue to strive for excellence.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

“Thunder by the Bay”
My wife and I stayed here during the most recent Thunder by the Bay in January 2014. The hotel was clean, the food was good and the service the staff members provided us made us feel at home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that was staying in the Sarasota area.
The room was very comfortable and clean, I slept very soundly. I ate both breakfast and dinner at the hotel and both were very good. The restaurant was clean, and the service was good.
Even with the airport next door I did not hear a plane at all during the weekend. Thank you for your hospitality during our stay, we look forward to coming back again next year.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Stay above the 3rd floor for less niose from the first floor lobby or ball room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I understand meetings are taking place to have your organizations function here again next year. Although just coming on board, I heard many nice comments from the staff and how they enjoyed everyone being here for your meetings. I am very proud to work for a staff that truly cares about their guests. Thank you for taking time to espond to the survey.