I gave a positive review of our stay in this hotel last year, which is why we returned this year. But, our second visit is our last visit and there is a multitude of reasons why; which you will read about below.
This year, we stayed for 3 weeks and experienced considerable problems. No microwave in the room, as was provided last year. We got a very negative response from staff concerning it.
Our "upgraded room" was too far from elevator for guest using a cane, so it was changed to the handicapped room without any compensation. There was no shower chair in handicapped bathroom. We had to request it and then had to wait for staff to hunt for it, before it was brought to our room.
The mini refrigerator's setting was too cold, which ended up freezing the salads and other perishables that we had purchased. There were no instructions on the unit to tell us how to adjust the temperature setting and no controls inside of the refrigerator itself. We had to wait for a maintenance man to come up to our room to figure it out himself. He pulled the entire refrigerator out of the cabinet and guessed where to set the lever, because he could not see the controls in the rear of the unit. No compensation on the loss of food was forthcoming. Communication between the staff who do the work and the management is extremely poor.
General lack of response from staff concerning signage for malfunctioning door handle near pool area by the rear parking lot; which is a heavily traffic area. It only operated in the up, not the traditional down, position. Finally, after our repeated complaints. a sign was posted, but, it only remained on the door for 2 days. Even after further notification, another one was not put up on the door. The door handle was never repaired during our entire stay.
Missing clock in pool area was due to kids playing with football in pool area. They broke it and one of the four lighted exit signs. We notified front staff of it immediately. It took over a week to replace the battery operated clock, even after several questions about it from us. We relied on the clock to do our pool exercises.
There were many problems with the contracted pool maintenance service company. He was spraying chemicals while a guest with respiratory problems was using the pool. Contracted worker did not know if the chemicals that he was using would cause a health problem. He dipped his rag into the pool during this service; contaminating the water with the unknown chemicals. This maintenance work greatly reduced the water level in the pool by nearly half, which took several hours to bring up to proper level and temperature. It was conducted during pool hours while people were swimming. No sign warning of pool cleaning. Foam chemicals hardened under the waterfall and remained there until we checked out, nearly 1 week later.
Thermometers in pool and hot tub were broken and not replaced. Soil that was blown into pool when doors were open was not vacuumed during the maintenance service. It remained in same location for our entire stay. Filters did not work to clear it out of pool. Many days there were no towels on the shelves or a basket in pool area.
One day, we went to restaurant at 11:02 am for breakfast. We were told that the grill had been changed to lunch at 11:00 am. Signage indicated that breakfast was until 11:00 and lunch at 11:00 a.m. We were the only people in the restaurant at the time. We left because there were no accommodations made for us. Chef could have used a pan to cook our omelets, not the grill. We never ate in the restaurant again, as we had done last year.
Our maid service was too early in the day, 9:00 am. every day. We are on vacation! We made up our own room and conserved water by reusing towels. The two tiny recycle trashcans are the only trashcans in the bedroom and bathroom. They are a joke! They are too small and overflowed on a daily basis. We used plastic grocery bags for our trash and disposed of them ourselves! There was no regular size trashcan in the entire facility. The large one outside was overflowing too. After one week, our toilet clogged up. We waited for staff, which took over 3 hours and 2 calls. We wanted to go out instead of waiting in the room. We called after 2 hours and were told that we would have "immediate service"; another hour passed. When the maintenance man finally came to our room, he came empty handed and didn't know what our problem was. Then, he came back with a toilet brush instead of a plunger. Which meant another time delay. Our day was wasted! We saw workmen, usually in pairs, wandering around the lobby all the time, but, no one was ever working!
We received a message on our telephone, but couldn't clear the flashing light. Staff said that they would clear it, but, it didn't work. After several days of complaining, someone suggested pulling the plug out of the wall and reattaching it; which did work. It is hard to sleep with a flashing red light all night long!
We spent several thousands of dollars for our room during our 3 week stay. We told staff of our complaints throughout our entire stay and when we checked out. There was no response from management to address our concerns; not only for ourselves, but, for other guests and their business' bottom line, until I wrote a feedback on their survey site. Then, there was a lot of apologies, but, no compensation offered. As a result of all of these problems, we are not planning to return next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Sarasota Bradenton Airport is a 135 room premier boutique hotel in the heart of Sarasota and Bradenton. Chic, contemporary decor, and an unsurpassed range of amenities, it is ideal for sophisticated business and leisure travelers.The Holiday Inn Sarasota Bradenton Airport Restaurant and Lounge features dining al fresco under the blue skies and exquisite cuisine, deliciously created. The rooms and suites are spacious, state-of-the-art amenities such as 36" flat-panel TV and free Wi-Fi. The Holiday Inn Sarasota Bradenton Airport offers exceptional event facilities for groups of 10 to 200, enjoy convenient access to venues of Sarasota and Bradenton. Relax in our indoor pool or work-out in our fitness facility. Explore the best from golf, shopping at St Armands Circle, restaurants and the beautiful white sandy beaches of Siesta Key, Lido Beach, Longboat Key and Anna Maria Island. Hotel is adjacent to the Sarasota Bradenton International Convention Center and attractions such as: Ringling Museum of Art, Asolo Theatre, VanWezel Performing Arts, & Mote Marine. Located within a few miles of University of South Florida, New College, and Ringling College of Art. Neighboring corporate offices are: Sun Hydraulics, Honeywell, Chris Craft, Pierce Manufacturing, Rectrix Air, Volo Air, Dolphin Aviation, Siemens, and Lockheed Martin. We guarantee you will have an memorable experience, that will meet and exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport Hotel Sarasota
- Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport Florida