“Great customer service”

Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Chad Spencer has been extremely helpful during my stay here over the past few days. Although I've had a few complications, Chad has gone above and beyond his duty to try to make my every aspect of this stay exceptional. He is an exemplary employee, and Holiday Inn should be proud to have such a quality person working for them.

• Stayed April 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
thank you for your comments, This response may be posted twice in error. I would agree thaat it does get a little trying when kids are running around, expecially wet and on tile floors. Most of the groups we get here are kept under control from running up and down hallways. We attempt and strive to keep the water from the pool areas maintained but it is a constant 24 vigil. I appreciate your comments and will share them with the staff. We are also looking at our headboards to see if we can make them more secure eliminating some of the noise.

Dennis L. Patrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Hungarian first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

It is a nice hotel, but the elevator is often wet inside from people coming from the pool. Lots and lots of kids. I have stayed here before. The staff didn't really or wasn't able to do much about the running up and down past the rooms.
That being said, the staff is really nice and I wish they were empowered to ensure the comfort of all their guests. I feel that the sports teams of children should all be in one area since they seem to have a lot of them. Little kids are often loud.
The walls are so thin I could hear my neighbors doing very private things. The headboard repeatedly made noise. It made noise just upon me getting in my own bed. I really think they should look into soundproofing because it was embarrassing.
The rugs look like there have been a lot of wet guests frequenting them.
All in all, the hotel is nice but ask for a quiet room if one exists.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I tend to agree that it is frustrating to see the kids running around and quite often loud. However, through the years I have found the scenario the same throughout the United States. The kids are excited and it does get loud at times. On occasion, I have had the pleasure of quiet groups. A lot depends on the supervisors of the groups. All hotels will get these type of groups, it's part of the business. We strive at this location to keep on top of nusances such as water in the elevator from the pool area. We do furnish towels but needless to say there will still be water dripping.

Only on occasion do we hear comments such as thin walls. I apologize for any inconvenience you incurred while staying here. Overall, guest satisfaction is always at its highest at this location.

I want to thank you again for your comments. I share these with the staff and it helps us to strive for perfection.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

3 months ago, we reserved 3 rooms for our party of 7. 1 with a king bed and sofa and 2 double queens that share a connector. Upon checking in we were given 2 rooms with king sized beds and 1 room with with 2 queen beds. When the issue was shared with the front desk we were given 2 double queen bed rooms that were not connected. Unfortunate, because that is how we prefer to lodge during travel.

The bad...

In my room's closet were a pair of dirty men's socks from a previous visitor... Disgusting. The bathroom was beautiful but, the seam between the tub and liner was black with mold. The shower did not seal when closed so water pooled on the floor when we showered. There is no bathtub option so, hopefully your children are old enough to shower. The light was dim in the bathroom. The low flow "green" toilet often got stuck and would run. Our safety lock on our door was loose and did not hold. The walls were thin, I heard everything my neighboring rooms did and said. It would have been better if my neighbors had been my family like I requested. The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were terrible. The air conditioner was loud or dead. There was no in between.

The good...
The atrium decor was trendy and photographed nicely. The pool was spa quality. The gym was very well stocked. The elevators were smooth and moved quickly. The Sporting News Cafe was very convenient. The location is close to Tamiami and University. The internet worked consistently for my whole family and all of our technologies.

If I visit Sarasota again, I will give somewhere else a try.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure that your reservation requests are honored.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I apologize for the confusion on the rooms. We try to match requests as much as possible. Sometimes, usually depending on other guests if they stayover or not, we are unable to accommodate. We do, however block rooms starting in the morning to insure we have done the best job possible. I'm sorry if you felt the beds were uncomfortable. It may be personal preference because usually, we receive nothing but compliments on our bedding. Thank you for the comments about the bathroom. On an average I inspect personally 5 rooms a day and do this on a rotating basis. Between the humidity and fluctuation of temperatures, accumulation grows fast. That however, is not what we consider acceptable and I have passed your comments on to the Executive Housekeeper.

Again, thank you for taking time and giving us your input.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed 1 night at the Holiday Inn Sarasota and did not have much expectations...so I was very pleasantly surprised to find a nice, recently renovated, design hotel. Our room was nice, clean and despite the proximity to the airport, you could not hear the planes. What you could hear though were the other guests as the room are around an atrium which is very noisy. All in all, I would say this is really good value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Feriel_Brux
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Although the sound does carry through the atrium, we try to keep noise to a minimum when possible. Our housekeeping Department is the best in the many years I have been operating hotels. Periodically, we might fail but those comments are rare because we stay on top of everything everyday. It's a pleasure receiving your comments and they will be shared with the staff.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

beautiful decor, nice indoor pool, nice layout, no internet, good night sleep considering the proximity to the airport, no breakfast included which was a disappointment upon finding out, housing keeping was really bad.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your comments. I will share your comments with our staff and management team. It is always good to receive comments so we can focus if anyone in particular is not giving 100% The fixtures, although great in design had some flaws and we are currently going through all rooms to correct the flaw. They tend to "droop" after a period of time.

Thanks again for taking the time to give your comments and input. All will be shared with the staff. I would appreciate it if you would contact me as to what room your were staying in.

d.patrick@hisrq.com
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

The rooms were roomy and comfortable for the price. They were very clean. The shower's water pressure was the only problem we had with the room other than no microwave, but the bar staff warmed are food up for us with no problems. The pictutes that they advertise were true. The decor was very nice and contemporary. The lobby area made you want to lounge around. The customer service was phenomenomal. From the booking, to months in between, check in to check out. The staff really knew how to be hospitable. We were leery at first because we have not had great experiences with Holiday Inn's, but I would definately stay here again. We had a group of 20 people and 10+ rooms. Everyone constantly commented on how great the customer service was. Chad at the front desk won everyone over, even people that came to visit us at the hotel. The gym was better than some small off site costly-gyms. The patio area is great for relaxing and not feeling as though you are in some stuffy hotel. The location was great and easliy accessible to the main roads. The breakfast buffett had a variety of good hot food selections, better than continential breakfast items. The restaurant food was a little pricey. This hotel was very clean. Overall I would stay here again and again. Thanks to the staff, my family really enjoyed our week end.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the elevator. You can here the elevator system going up and down all ni...
Green Features: The water pressure is low in the showers due to their enviromental practice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your positive and pleasant comments. I will be sure to share them with the staff as I do all comments. chad has recently come on board and it is a pleasure to have him. We certainly enjoyed your group as well. We strive to be perfect everyday so it becomes habit. thank you again for taking the time to post your comments.

Great Northwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed on the trip back North to the land of snow. Got the grand kids and friends down to the pool and they were in 1-2 minutes, said it hurt…on checking, the water was super hot and the hot tub cool….advised the barmaid Carla and she said she told maintenance. Positive was Sporting News waitress MaryAnn was super even though she was working multiple shifts due to staffing issues.
It is a beautiful Holiday Inn. Front desk seemed to be staffed with only one person which caused back ups. Room keys failed multiple times. Next morning MaryAnn was back at work rolling to the punches of the breakfast buffet nasties barking that items were low…and moments later they were filled.
We will go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
We appreciate your comments very much. Upon checking, I did find the pool temerature a bit warm so we adjusted the temps as well as replaced the thermostat to avoid any future problems. I enjoy hearing positive feedback about our staff. Both Marianne and I had filled many shifts due to emergencies from a part of our staff. We insure that the customer is always happy. I am glad you were pleased with your stay.