“I was surprised with this one”

Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here the first weekend in May, with a large lacrosse group. When I checked in, I did complain about how loud the hotel was. The first night, the noise went on until close to 2 AM.

The second night was a huge improvement. I was told the next morning, that the manager cleared the lobby at 11pm.

My room overlooked the lobby, and when my a/c was running it blocked out the echoing from the regular noise. Everyone in the group that had a room down one of the halls, never complained about noise.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable.. And for the a/c, it was my favorite old-school type..allowing me the ability to freeze through the night, if I really wanted to..can I get an Amen?

My rate for this hotel included breakfast, even though I didn't try it... I was told by my picky eater that it was good (when she went to carb up for the day).

If you decide to stay here, you may want to pick up some food/snacks for the room...since there really isn't anything super close by. In my room I had a mini fridge, but no microwave.

This is a hotel I'd come back to.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I am happy you enjoyed your stay. The noise factor can get loud with some of the sports groups we cater too. Unfortunately, supervision of the groups are handled by their own supervisors. Overall, most groups are watched closely. You can always feel the excitement in the air during playoffs with these young adults. We curtail lounge and restaurant at 11 p.m. sharp so during those peak times, it tends to get quiet around then when we have kids here.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and give us feedback. We enjoyed your company.

Dennis L. Patrick, General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and the staff is nice. Good value. Really nice and clean indoor pool and jacuzzi. At night we hung out at the fire pit. Breakfast was also good...Will stay here every time I'm in the area!

• Stayed: May 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I will be sure to pass it on to the staff. It is comments such as yours that makes it enjoyable working here.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Kudos to the manager, Dylan and staff at this awesome Holiday Inn in Sarasota!
I travel in my business and am a Priority Club Platinum member and by far this property was the best I have ever stayed at in the thirteen years of my travel. I was in town attending a wedding and the four nights during our stay I was so impressed at not only how attentive the staff was in addressing all my and the party I was with our needs but the décor in the hotel. The colors and theme is of a bright display throughout the complex and by far as clean not only in the lobby and restaurant areas but our room as well. Spotless!
A special thanks again to Dylan who made our entire wedding party extremely pleased with their stay and also to Tracey who was so delightful every morning when we all came down to breakfast to make sure we had everything we needed to make our meal special.
If looking for a hotel in the Sarasota area this property is beyond stellar! Make your reservation here as you will sure enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

It was a pleasure having your group at our Holiday Inn. I would have to agree about the professionalism displayed by all staff members. It is a pleasure to work with this staff. Although sometimes you just can't please everyone, we strive for perfection every day. thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our youth rowing team stayed at this hotel for a regional regatta in May 2014. Everything was seamless starting with the reservations for 80+ people with different arrival times, room needs, etc. Cecilia Maddi, sales manager, did an excellent job coordinating all of our reservations, a banquet for the team the night of arrival and breakfast accommodations. The hotel is very nice, clean and conveniently located. Our team travels 6-8 times/year for regattas around the southeast and we will definitely choose this hotel the next time we're in Sarasota!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. Your comments are well accepted and I will be happy to share them with the staff. It was a pleasure having your group here as well as accommodating your dining needs. Cecilia does an excellent job as well and i appreciate your comments about her as well.

We look forward to seeing you and your groups in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We thought at first that the price was more than we were hoping to pay and would have liked a more splashy sign to identify it (the Convention Center sign was more predominant than the Holiday Inn sign) but the interior design of this hotel is stunning, both in the lobby and in the rooms! We were very comfortable for our overnight stay to visit our daughter and were very pleased with the cleanliness, spiffiness and quietness of our room on the sixth floor.

• Stayed: May 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments and taking the time to share it with others. I am glad you had a great time. The owner spent a considerable amount of time and thought on the decorations and colors. I feel they are the best in the business and it was my first compliment i paid to them coming on property.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Dennis L. Patrick, General Manager

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at your hotel one weekend in april. After being home and planning another trip up north this time we have once again decided to stay at holiday inn because of the great service we receive. Back to your hotel. It is one of the nicest holiday inns we have stayed at. The decor was amazing. The cleaniness was superb! The staff was wonderful which after speaking to your manager I can see why. He obviously expects your guest to be treated like family... on sunday before leaving we enjoyed breakfast in your dining room. We asked to speak to the manager as to relay our satisfaction of our stay. Our waiter told us the manager was cooking at that time but would tell him. The fact that he was cooking we didnt expect for him to come talk to us. Obviously he jumps in where needed.But to our surprise he came out before we were done eating. He introduced hisself as Dennis Patrick. The fact that he took the time to come out from kitchen (cooking) to greet us speaks volumes. He was very friendly and took the time for a brief visit asking about our trip. Which impressed us even more. The fact that he obviously had an interest. We told him that we stay almost at nothing but holiday inns and these one is in the the top 5. I definetly starts at the manager who sets the example for your company . Cudos to you Holiday inn and your management Dennis Patrick and staff! P.s. hopefully the next time we travel thru the weather will be nice enough to enjoy the cabanas!

• Stayed: April 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to express your compliments. It's encouraging when our guests compliment us they way you do. I stress to all staff about customer service. Although we may fail at times to reach that perfect level, we usually are running at about 100% efficiency. I cannot thank you enough for being so straight forward.

I do remember meeting you and your husband. It was a tough day for sure but again, we in the industry do what we have to do to make things right.

It was my pleasure meeting the two of you. Thank you for visiting us again and be sure to ask for me on your next trip to Sarasota.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a great hotel! We were there with a large group and they were very accommodating to us. The rooms were nice and clean. A lot of comments on the pillows being small and uncomfortable. Cecillia, Mark and Sam were especially great!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. I will share them with the staff. We are presently all new pillows throughout the hotel. I am sure you will find the new ones comfortable as it gives choices for comfort.

Dennis l. Patrick