“Amazing weekend!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
West palm beach
“Amazing weekend!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were so happy with our stay at the Holiday Inn. Very clean, lot to do, lobby area was was top notch decorations were on the caliber of a five star hotel. Service was above average. All in all great weekend.

• Stayed June 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad you stayed with our staff and enjoyed your time with us. It was a very nice weekend with the sports groups of all ages enjoying our amenities. I will pass your comments on to the staff.

General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Hungarian first
Perrysburg, Ohio
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Ended up here due to last minute vacation plans on holiday weekend. Spotless rooms, great bathroom with huge shower with excellent water pressure. Sofa and TV.

The only downside the architectural atrium that gives a nice look to the place allows any noise from the common area downstairs to bounce up to the rooms. Not the greatest thing if you are a light sleeper and trying to catch some Zzzzs while everything is leaving early. Perhaps this location should look into some solutions to decrease the bouncing of the sound. That along with the gong of the elevator when it reaches it's floor.

Room Tip: Ask from to rooms in the hallway that are not on the perimeter of the atrium
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kirk H
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your time in sharing your thoughts. We have been looking into some solutions to soften the noise that sometimes echoes up the atrium. It's an ongoing process and we appreciate your input. I will pass on your compliments to our housekeeping staff. They do an excellent job in taking care of the rooms.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This Holiday Inn is hidden on the backside of the airport. It was built about five years ago. There is a lovely atrium as you enter. The bar and restaurant have sports on the television for those who want that, but the televisions don't overwhelm the patrons.
I recently hosted a conference at this hotel for sixty lawyers. The staff was very attentive to our needs. We had a great lunch and drinks afterwards. There is plenty of accessible parking and very nice restrooms.
Truly this is a bit of a hidden gem in the Sarasota-Bradenton area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your response. We enjoyed your group very much. Dylan did an excellent job insuring all guests were taken care of and I received many compliments from the group. I look forward to host your group again if it is in the future. Your comments are appreciated by everyone and i will share them with the staff.

Dennis L. Patrick
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

First of all, I don't usually take the time to write reviews. However, after the change that I have seen in this hotel, I felt that I should write something.I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last few years. Not because I really wanted to, but out of necessity . The last time that I stayed there in 2013 I told myself that it was the last time. The staff was slow, non caring. The food in the restaurant was not very good. Again, I had to stay here the beginning of April 2014 and boy was I surprised!!!

The hotel seemed to have had a staff make over! Everyone was smiling, my room was so clean, and the food in the restaurant was better!!

I am a very observant person(which is part of my job) so I just sat and watched one morning to see if I could tell what was the cause of the change.

I can tell you in one word! Involvement! I watched the Manager (which at first I thought was the owner) in one hour make contact with the housekeeping, lounge staff, restaurant staff and front desk staff! What I witnessed was a Manager giving direction to his staff in a professional non-demeaning way. As a result the staff member responded to his direction with respect.

I only hope as a manager , I have that effect on my staff.

I can see why this hotel has improved. I am glad that Holiday Inn has hired such a caring Manager.

The rooms are clean, the meals are good and the staff is very friendly!

I will definitely make sure that my company schedules me to stay at this hotel on my next trip!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lynn y
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for your kind and considerate comments. After 34 years in the hotel industry, it is still such a thrill to read comments such as yours. You have made me day all week long. We, as a team take great pride in what is being accomplished and how we are moving forward. It is guests such as you that make us realize what a privilege it is to work in this industry.

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I checked into this hotel for a 3 day stay and was amazed at the cleanliness of the hotel and the politeness of the staff. They catered to my every need and went out of their way to make my stay a very pleasant one. No matter where I went in the hotel from the indoor pool, to the dining room, to the lounge area and into the lobby, the atmosphere of the hotel was calm with a sense of serenity everywhere. From the vending machines properly stocked to the convenience of finding a luggage cart or ice machine when needed, I wanted for nothing. My room was beautifully decorated and was sparkling cleaned. Every employee that I met from the desk clerk to the maid to the restaurant and lounge staff was very friendly and willing to answer any questions I had. The food in the restaurant and the snacks I ordered in the bar at 3pm were spot on and delicious. My congratulations to the hotel manager that runs this hotel for running a flawless hotel. I look forward to my next stay there and am already planning it. This will be a hotel I go to not only when I am in the Sarasota area but the St Petersburg and surrounding cities as well. This hotel is next to the International hotel but I will tell you, unless I was outdoors I never heard an airplane at all. I highly recommend this hotel and when you walk into the front door you will be blown away with the décor. This hotel is absolutely beautiful. Falls right up in the décor of any hotel in Las Vegas or any large city. 5 stars for cleanliness

Room Tip: This hotel has a room with a jacuzzi in the room.......Try to get that room , it also has a small re...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Occasionally, we may miss something we strive to produce when it comes to customer service. it sounds like we were running on all cylinders during your visit. Again, this is what we strive for. We love our customers and try to make everyone's stay memorable.

Thank your for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments.

Dennis L. Patrick, General Manager
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here the first weekend in May, with a large lacrosse group. When I checked in, I did complain about how loud the hotel was. The first night, the noise went on until close to 2 AM.

The second night was a huge improvement. I was told the next morning, that the manager cleared the lobby at 11pm.

My room overlooked the lobby, and when my a/c was running it blocked out the echoing from the regular noise. Everyone in the group that had a room down one of the halls, never complained about noise.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable.. And for the a/c, it was my favorite old-school type..allowing me the ability to freeze through the night, if I really wanted to..can I get an Amen?

My rate for this hotel included breakfast, even though I didn't try it... I was told by my picky eater that it was good (when she went to carb up for the day).

If you decide to stay here, you may want to pick up some food/snacks for the room...since there really isn't anything super close by. In my room I had a mini fridge, but no microwave.

This is a hotel I'd come back to.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I am happy you enjoyed your stay. The noise factor can get loud with some of the sports groups we cater too. Unfortunately, supervision of the groups are handled by their own supervisors. Overall, most groups are watched closely. You can always feel the excitement in the air during playoffs with these young adults. We curtail lounge and restaurant at 11 p.m. sharp so during those peak times, it tends to get quiet around then when we have kids here.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and give us feedback. We enjoyed your company.

Dennis L. Patrick, General Manager
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and the staff is nice. Good value. Really nice and clean indoor pool and jacuzzi. At night we hung out at the fire pit. Breakfast was also good...Will stay here every time I'm in the area!

• Stayed May 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I will be sure to pass it on to the staff. It is comments such as yours that makes it enjoyable working here.

Dennis L. Patrick