“Another Great Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
South Florida, Florida
“Another Great Stay”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is our 3rd time staying here in 2 years. The location is great, rooms are spacious and impeccable, very new accommodations and wonderful staff. All three times I have stayed, I have had the same gripes - 1. the bathroom lighting NEEDS to be better & 2. they NEED more luggage carts. Even the front desk has acknowledged this issue. This is the only reason I did not give them 5 stars. This time we stayed in a whirlpool king - which was awesome - BUT the window behind the whirlpool has no black out curtains so napping is a challenge during the day and so is sleeping in. Just a helpful tip.

Room Tip: This time we stayed in a whirlpool king - which was awesome - BUT the window behind the whirlpool ha...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are researching was to improve the lighting. the special lighting comes on gradually. I admit the instant lighting on some bathrooms with the standard 4 bulbs is great but they would not fit our decorating pattern. We will keep this mind for future reference. We have two luggage carts and on busy weekends, they do get used a lot and they are not always returned to the lobby area. We will keep that in mind for the future as well. I will take a look at the window in the whirlpool rooms. great suggestions and they are well taken.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Dennis l. Patrick, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Hungarian first
Niagara Falls, New York, Usa
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I recently enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn Sarasota-Airport. The hotel was lovely and the rooms were beautiful, but the staff is what made our stay the most enjoyable. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. One waitress, Tracy, went over and above to make sure we had everything we needed, including several suggestions on where to go and what to see. We dined several times in the hotel restaurant so she got to know us very well. We looked forward to seeing her every morning. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tanya W
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We take a lot of pride in our level of service and quality of the rooms and property. On an average, most guests will only comment if they have a complaint so it is always a pleasure to hear the good comments on our property. We average only a 2% negative results which is extremely high for any hotel. I will pass your comments on to the staff as well a personal thank you to Tracy for making your stay more appreciative.

Thank you again and my heartfelt "thank you" for your comments.

Dennis l. patrick
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The room was very clean. Helpful staff. Andrew at front desk very helpful. The rates we're good too.It was nice to find a hotel that has old fashion customer service.It makes a good get away. Worth the stop

Green Features: The hotel is very environment friendly and has customers do the same. Tip card in all rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We are pleased that you had an exciting and relaxing stay. I will share your comments with the staff and personally thank the individual employee named. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Thank you again for your comments.

Dennis l. patrick
colorado
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We chose this hotel because of the proximity to my in-laws house. It seemed like a decent hotel until this unfortunate incident occurred. My two boys (ages 16 and 15) ordered room service. Upon eating his chicken fingers one of my son's discovered a dead cricket underneath the lettuce. He called the kitchen and they thought he was joking and replied to him " Would you like us to come catch the cricket?" Obviously not taking my son seriously and mocking him. My son then called the front desk and they said they would send someone up. About 30 minutes go by with no response to us. We then carried the plate with the dead cricket down to the front desk and asked for the kitchen manager. He had been eating dinner and was obviously annoyed that we had interrupted him. He was quite defensive and said he thought my son was joking about the whole thing because "he didn't seem very upset." He got very defensive and said that nothing like that would ever come out of his kitchen. Needless to say, I was appalled with his argumentative response. He never once apologized to us and treated us like it was our fault. I was getting angry and decided to walk away and talk to the General Manager who of course was not available until the following day. I met with Dennis (the GM) and upon our introduction he said, " Oh yeah, you're the cricket people." Really? He then proceeds to blame it on their food supplier and the cricket probably came in with the lettuce. At that point, I said what most concerns me is the reaction from the kitchen manager. Dennis actually then said to me, "Well, I know it's not an excuse but the kitchen manager is from New York which might explain his behavior." Wow...Again, no apology, no offer of anything. I explained we were from CO and would be coming back periodically because my father in law is now with hospice. You'd think the GM would offer us at least a free night when we are back in town, but no, he just gave me his business card. Horrible, horrible customer service. Please do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
My sincere apologies if you have misunderstood out intentions. While I was trying to explain the process of this has all happened, I obviously failed to read how upset you were. I was not making light of the subject but explaining how this may have happened. As explained during our conversation, we just experienced a full hotel of kids running around and making phone calls playing jokes on everyone, it was unfortunately a residual effect when this incident happened. I did contact the food company as i said I had to mention about the kale lettuce as a precaution to others, again, it was an explanation of the process, not necessarily blaming someone else. It was probably my mistake when I gave you my card asking you to call me when you decided to come back to the area in the future. It was to see if I could reciprocate in any manner but I would first need to contact ownership to see what i would be able to do. The evening supervisor intention were meant to be good as well. Thank you for your business, we apologize for the incident and again, please feel free to contact me if you decide to come to the area again. As you can see from our previous reviews, we operate at a 92% satisfaction rate, I am sorry we fell short in our goals during your visit.

Dennis L. Patrick
West palm beach
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were so happy with our stay at the Holiday Inn. Very clean, lot to do, lobby area was was top notch decorations were on the caliber of a five star hotel. Service was above average. All in all great weekend.

• Stayed June 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad you stayed with our staff and enjoyed your time with us. It was a very nice weekend with the sports groups of all ages enjoying our amenities. I will pass your comments on to the staff.

Dennis l. Patrick
General manager
Perrysburg, Ohio
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Ended up here due to last minute vacation plans on holiday weekend. Spotless rooms, great bathroom with huge shower with excellent water pressure. Sofa and TV.

The only downside the architectural atrium that gives a nice look to the place allows any noise from the common area downstairs to bounce up to the rooms. Not the greatest thing if you are a light sleeper and trying to catch some Zzzzs while everything is leaving early. Perhaps this location should look into some solutions to decrease the bouncing of the sound. That along with the gong of the elevator when it reaches it's floor.

Room Tip: Ask from to rooms in the hallway that are not on the perimeter of the atrium
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kirk H
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your time in sharing your thoughts. We have been looking into some solutions to soften the noise that sometimes echoes up the atrium. It's an ongoing process and we appreciate your input. I will pass on your compliments to our housekeeping staff. They do an excellent job in taking care of the rooms.

Dennis l. Patrick
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This Holiday Inn is hidden on the backside of the airport. It was built about five years ago. There is a lovely atrium as you enter. The bar and restaurant have sports on the television for those who want that, but the televisions don't overwhelm the patrons.
I recently hosted a conference at this hotel for sixty lawyers. The staff was very attentive to our needs. We had a great lunch and drinks afterwards. There is plenty of accessible parking and very nice restrooms.
Truly this is a bit of a hidden gem in the Sarasota-Bradenton area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your response. We enjoyed your group very much. Dylan did an excellent job insuring all guests were taken care of and I received many compliments from the group. I look forward to host your group again if it is in the future. Your comments are appreciated by everyone and i will share them with the staff.

Dennis L. Patrick