All reviews indoor pool sarasota airport fire pit bunk beds glass elevator front desk steam room beautiful hotel breakfast buffet hot tub rooms are clean the entire staff business center yogurt minute drive ringling museum siesta key
Reviewed 14 January 2016

Waited a full 10 minutes at check-in for the desk clerk on 1/11/2016. When she appeared, she said "Well, I had to go to the ladies room sometime..." Not pardon the wait. Not please excuse the inconvenience. Just attitude. In-room fire alarm started chirping at 0300. Called down to have it repaired. You guessed it, no one showed. When telling the front desk on Tuesday morning, another less-than-friendly desk clerk told me that someone would be sent up to repair it. Of course, not a word of apology. Housekeeping seems to have difficulty completing their cleaning. Ottoman was perched on top of the desk chair. Does that indicate that the carpet was vacuumed? Asked for a glass of ice and a straw with my in-room dining. Neither was included. Food is prepared in the pub and arrived cold each night. Told the front desk. Guess what they told me? Towels are thin and pillows are lumpy and well worn. Wifi connection was intermittent, at best. Front desk staff asked me what I expected them to do about it, that the manager was going to add APs to the building, while shrugging her shoulders.

Bartenders and servers are very friendly. Food was reasonable and good when eaten in the pub area.

The lobby has a waterfall. It also has a satisfaction guarantee...Big deal.

I have asked to speak to the manager twice now. It appears that the staffing issues run all of the way to the top at this property. Mr. Dylan T. Bower should be embarrased. Mr. Jiten Petal should concerned.

Room Tip: Select a room at a different property.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Dylan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Dear tim_pam_kc,

First I would like to thank you for your recent business to our hotel and for letting us know your honest feedback regarding your stay. First impressions mean a lot and I apologize as it seems we fell short from the start and unfortunately it did not end there. Our goal is always to provide a comfortable and enjoyable stay from all departments and you have our sincerest apologies for not offering the Holiday Inn experience you expected. Until reading your review, I was unaware that you tried to reach me as I would have loved to have spoken with you in person. I would still like to opportunity to redeem ourselves and make it right by you in attempt to retain your future business. Please contact me directly at 941-355-9000 or d.bower@hisrq.com so that I may speak with you directly and compensate you accordingly.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

I recently stayed the weekend at the Holiday Inn and found it to be an excellent choice at a reasonable price. We had a group with us and the GM Dylan Bower was terrific in trying to accommodate our every need. The Bartender, Carole was superb and could remember what you were drinking as well as conversing between customers. Front desk staff was efficient and polite. The hotel is very clean and well kept. The heated in door pool and spa were great even in January. The outdoor fire pit was a fun place to sit and tell stories. A must stay if in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable, clean and well kept.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Dylan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Dear Bob G,

Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words about our hotel and staff! It was an absolute pleasure hosting your group and we are glad everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we enjoyed hosting you! Your continued business and positive feedback means the world to us as our staff works incredibly hard to be your #1 hotel choice in Sarasota, FL. Your group has become part of our Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport family and we look forward to many more events with you in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

King room on upper floor was excellent: clean and comfortable, with standard amenities, plenty of towels, etc. Front desk clerk and bartender were friendly and efficient. Late-night food in the bar was reasonably priced, and while not gourmet, was plentiful tasty.

Fantastic shuttle service to the airport - I just had to call down 10 minutes before I was ready to go.

The one glaring flaw was the wifi - I couldn't keep a connection to save my life, either in the common areas on the first floor or in my room. Connections would work momentarily, then shut down - and I'm referring to file transfer and general web browsing, not even streaming. The staff acknowledged that there had been numerous previous complaints, and that the manager was "planning" to add routers.

So while this was in general a very pleasant overnight before an early-morning flight, I can't recommend it for business travelers who need to work online.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Dear JEM196204,

Thank you for being our guest recently at the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport and for taking your valuable time to let us know your detailed feedback! We take all positive and negative comments to heart and praise and correct our staff accordingly to continuously improve the overall guest experience. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our full service amenities, staff, and comfortable guest rooms but sincerely apologize if the WiFi issues kept you from giving us 5 stars. We are currently upgrading our internet and should be done within the next few days. The process has already started as we know the importance it has to all of our guests, especially business travelers, and we hope to show you a much improved service during your next trip to Sarasota. We appreciate your feedback and and business and look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 9 January 2016

This is a very nice hotel, the lobby has a waterfall and the pool area is indoors with lounge chairs outside, it's a lovely set up. The outside area also has a fireplace you can sit around and relax. It's very peaceful. Gary at the check in desk was professional and unassuming, very easy to talk to and Dean was also very professional and worked hard to get me the room the suited my needs. Breakfast was lovely and fresh food was always being put out. Kit and Compton worked well as a team to serve our party, and there was also a young man, Tony?, who was very helpful too. They were very attentive to us and made sure we always had what we needed. The buffet area was always tidy. It was fun to have breakfast there. The location of the hotel was pretty central just 10-20minutes to the local sites. We would come back when visiting family in the future.

Stayed: December 2015
Dylan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

Dear Susan087,

Wow what a great review!! Thank you so much for the 5 stars and wonderful detailed feedback of our hotel and staff. Our team works incredibly hard to provide the most comfortable, welcoming, and relaxing stay possible and it looks like we did just that for you. I will make sure to share your kind words with the staff as they will be overjoyed to hear how happy their efforts made you. Please let me how we can assist with your future travels as we look forward to the chance to be your hotel choice again when visiting your family.

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for three days with my wife during our Florida holidays. Modern and clean hotel with very helpful and friendly staff. Especially breakfast was surprisingly good with fantastic service personnel. Will come back when we have a chance.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Thank W. S

Dear W.S,

Thank you for the 5-star review!! We loved having you and your wife stay with us and are glad you were able to enjoy our clean hotel, great food, and friendly staff! We appreciate your time as well to share your kind words with our team and the world. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance with your future travels.