“Excellent Motel!”

Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Motel!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have stayed here on a number of occasions and it is still my favourite Sarasota, or even US-wide, economy accommodation. It is ideally located for the Sarasota/Bradenton area and is very clean and welcoming with an excellent continental breakfast and Wi-Fi in the rooms. The Manager is very helpful and responds immediately to the slightest query or request, day or night. What makes this Motel stand out is the friendly service and the Manager's willingness to make the extra effort to ensure guests are satisfied and happy. Recent remodelling of the grounds and rooms add further to the good value for your money. I highly recommend this Motel and will be staying there again next time I visit Sarasota.

1 Thank James G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Czech first
Paris, France
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Right accross Ca-d-Zan (Ringling Museum). Welcoming motel, charming people.
Hard wood or carpet in room. Complimentary bottles of water in each room, super clean.
A nice hot breakfast, a place to recommend when visiting Sarasota.

1 Thank Jean-Marc H
Eau Gallie
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel with more than we expected. Came with fridge, Keurig coffee maker, microwave, and hair dryer, also has a nice pool. Room was very clean and fresh. AC was nicely cold. Location was good and near places we wanted to see. Only negative, and a somewhat important one, was mattress pad just laid on mattress under sheet and sheet was a bit too big, so both get scrunched up if you turned over a lot during the night. Still, we slept well. Breakfast was minimal, but what do you expect at this price? The value was excellent.

1 Thank Jer C
Otisville, Michigan
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

The room was a little run down but clean and comfortable. We were at the beach most days and is centrally located to hit all the major beaches. Close to restaurants and downtown Sarasota. Owners on site and are very friendly. The breakfast is small but sufficient and the pool was nice, larger pool and the deep end was 8'6" deep, which was nice. For the price, it's a good value.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FamilyTraveler366
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 19 June 2013

It was clean and comfortable. Room was well equipped and didn't have eny bothersome imperfections. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay for one or two nights - it's great. Everything worked, the bed was very nice so what do I need more.

It's close to the airport and not so far from the center. You might need some time to get to St Armands, but for us it was ok.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor and it was nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I slept there because I was travelling from Orlando to South and I needed a cheap place. The reviews looked ok so I took it.
First of all, they sold me a room (King bed) that they actually didn't have available, so I was given a two Queen bed room. When I complained about this, the lady at the desk didn't apologize at all, saying instead "don't worry, no surcharge". No surcharge?!? Crazy! Anyway, I didn't say anything because I just wanted to sleep.
There was no bottled water in the vending machine but the lady said I will have founded it in the room's fridge. False. At four o'clock am I was thirsty like hell and I went to the desk asking for a bottle. The man, presumably the owner/manager, was more than rude, replying that he didn't have a bottle of water in the whole inn. He got almost angry at the end, repeating "If I told ya I don't have, I don't have!". I had to go to a gas station to get a stupid bottle of water. Incredible.
The room was quite clean but the A/C was noisy and in the middle of the night my poor girlfriend was bitten repeatedly by a bedbug (see pic). Enough?
The breakfast was poor, but decent.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank SebastienDiValmont
knightsinnsarasota, Webmaster at Knights Inn Sarasota, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Knights Inn, Sarasota during your recent visit to our area.

We have noted your review and appreciate you for bringing your experience to our notice.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you howsoever.

We have investigated the incidence and have taken corrective steps in improving the guest care and hospitality. The entire hotel staff have been underwent a fresh training in this regard.

We are glad that you liked the cleanliness of the rooms.

Please note that we take our guest reviews with due seriousness. Consider visiting us again and have a new experience.

Hotel Manager.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I recently spent two nights at this motel while checking out some local downtown real estate and was pleasantly surprised. No, it's not a Ritz Carlton, and let's face it, it's not even a Holiday Inn, but it was spotless, the king bed was quite comfortable, and the a/c worked great. If you're just looking for a clean comfortable place to lay your head at night you won't find a better value around. Check the rates of nearby lodging and you will see what I mean about value.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business