Knights Inn Sarasota
US$88
Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$112
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$447
US$413
  • Restaurant
US$167
US$161
HotelIndigo.com
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$170
US$160
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewscontinental breakfastringling museummr patelroom was cleanking size bedplace to staycentral locationup to datecoffee makera great staydefinitely stay here againmotelhazelmicrowavecerealhairdryersofa
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were in town one night to visit family. All the "better" hotels were either full or over priced. We just wanted a place to relax for a few hours, sleep and shower. It is an older hotel but not bad. The lady at the front desk, possibly the owners wife, was very welcoming and attentive. She even asked someone to call back because she was taking care of our check in. She also offered us coffee and cookies. We stayed on the second floor and it was quiet. If you have trouble with steps there is no elevator. We had a fridge and microwave which was nice to refreeze our ice packs for cooler. There was even a Keurig k-cup coffee maker in the room! We did not get breakfast, just coffee, since we were meeting our family for breakfast. The rooms were clean and you could tell that they try to make the hotel a nice place - even though it is old. I would recommend this as an inexpensive alternative to the high priced hotels in the area. Especially for a one or two night stay when you don't plan to hang out at the hotel.

Room Tip: Second floor unit was very quiet - however no elevator. Request ground floor if you have trouble with steps or carrying luggage upstairs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This room was a last minute decision and it was cheap. My expectations were low so my main concern was whether the property was clean enough to stay in it for a night. The exterior is nothing to look at for sure, and the hallways and exterior doors are old and appear rundown. I stayed in 215 on the back of the hotel so noise was not a problem. The room itself is also a very old looking décor, very basic amenities, and the age is clearly showing on tiles, mouldings, sinks, and the tub. The soap & shampoo are awful so bring your own. I had enough of my own so I avoided using them for anything but washing out a couple of clothing articles.

However, the room looked clean, did not smell bad, and the sheets and towels were clean. The bed was reasonably comfortable, the shower curtain was new and bowed out for more room, and the temperature was good - the A/C was obviously working. There was a small fridge, a basic TV and a wall mounted hair dryer. The WiFi was good so I had all the basics I needed.

I only slept there one night and showered and left. I didn't try the continental breakfast but it looked like the standard fare. The room was $90 so you can't expect much for that range in Sarasota.

I wouldn't plan to go back there, but if I got stuck again while traveling, I could stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Firstly this motel is run by a very nice family called Patel and I believe Mr Patel has strong business ethics and maybe has a future business plan for this place.
The breakfast is a fair selection of cereals fresh fruit ,fruit juice, coffee, which you take back to your room. Mr Patel has the coffee on all day as well as cookies. He make one feel welcome, and the area is very clean.
The bedroom is a good size, our had a king bed, settee and flat TV. There is fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bed was comfy, but linen was of man-made fabric didn't fit well and didn't feel good. The carpet was old and grubby, the back wall is dark green and together worsened the feel of the room. The room we had was facing the road which was very busy at times so ones round the back would be better and on 2nd floor. Back also has better outlook.
The location of motel is in walking distance from The Ringling Museum of circus and art gallery and house, as well as the Museum of classic cars . So between the two that's a day gone.
I do hope Mr Patel makes speedy progress in improvements. Good luck to him.

Oh! for somewhere to eat, try the Chinese restaurant YUMMYS, a couple of miles south on same side. Opens at 5pm, there was a queue at 4.50. beware ,only one lot is needed between tween and if you both like the same entre' the one will do. They accept that most people will take a doggy-bag home. Also you walk in a choose your table, no-one stays long in the States they each so fast.

Room Tip: At back upper floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Very nice experience staying here. Friendly, helpful owners, clean spacious rooms, nice pool, handy laundry area, comfy bed. Very good value. We had a room at the back so had a nice quiet night. Would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We booked a room thru a wholesaler on line and it looked great! We get a call from the wholesaler saying the hotel will book the room directly. When we get there they raised the price of the reservation and said if we don't like it we should leave. All the hotels were booked so they gave us a smoking room with holes in the walls, dirty walls and numerous spots on the rug. The wall unit a.c stopped working in the middle of the night and the towels were discolored and rough. It was a very dirty room.

Room Tip: arrive early so you do not get the old smelly rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
knightsinnsarasota, Webmaster at Knights Inn Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting. Comments like these help us get better. I’m very sorry you experienced a problem with getting the room you wanted at the price you expected. I hope the issue was resolved to your satisfaction. We take pride in the quality of our rooms, and I’m sorry we did not meet your expectations. I hope you’ll try us again in the future. Our goal is 100 percent customer satisfaction and to get even better every day.

Hotel Manager.