Knights Inn Sarasota
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Siesta Inn(Sarasota)
Family Inn(Sarasota)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfastringling museummr patelroom was cleanking size bedplace to staycentral locationup to datecoffee makera great staydefinitely stay here againmotelhazelmicrowavecerealhairdryersofa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We live near Sarasota but we were attending a show at the Van Wezel and we wanted to be able to relax have some dinner and some cocktails and not have to worry about the drive home. Hotels close to the Van Wezel were either booked or their rates were in the astronomical range. (Florida in season) Based on some of the reviews of the Knights Inn we decided to give it a try. The place is long in the tooth and needs a lot of work like painting, plaster, upgraded electrical (hard to find a place to plug in a laptop!), upgraded plumbing (nosiy) and cleaning. The bed wasn't great but was satisfactory. Breakfast was pretty meager and you had to ask to have coffee filled, and other items replenished. There's nowhere to sit so it's kind of grab a bagel and apple and hit the road.

The owner was nice enough but couldn't help with recommending a cab company. He volunteered to look one up but I was able to do that on my own. It's hard to tell if this area of north Sarasota is on the way back or in continuing decline. I think the owners are trying to make something of this place and I wish them luck but I won't be back anytime soon.

For $100 bucks plus a night (AAA rate) I would expect better. Even if it's Florida in season.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
knightsinnsarasota, Webmaster at Knights Inn Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that our property didn’t completely meet your expectations. We satisfy hundreds of guests each week, but a few, like you, are dissatisfied. I sincerely apologize that we fell short in your case and recommend that you visit us again when you have the chance. We’re working to get better and better, and you’ll notice some significant changes in the coming days and weeks.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is an old hotel. The room we had was upstairs at the top of the steps. The bed was comfortable but you are right on the road and it was noisy all night. I believe this is run by a family. Based on that I would say that the mother and the son that were in the office in the afternoon were very polite but the father who as there in the evening and morning seemed hard to get along with. Condescending attitude. We would not stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise I don't think there is a good room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We can’t do anything to change the characteristics of our location, but we do strive to provide 100 percent customer satisfaction, and it seems that our customer service and hotel condition did not meet your expectations. Still, comments like these help us understand where to focus as we change and improve, and I sincerely thank you for them. I apologize also for falling short of your expectations.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Extended our overnight stay to four nights. This property is extremely well managed by a very friendly husband and wife. The manager is "hands on" and on site 24 hrs.. The property is an older motel that has been well maintained. The king bed room was large with an additional sofa, 2 chairs with table, dresser, etc. Although somewhat dated in style, it is very clean and beds are comfortable. Small refrigerator; microwave iron & ironing board; hair dryer; free WiFi; flat screen cable TV; were provided. The breakfast buffet is well stocked with basics and replenished as needed. Coffee/tea and fresh fruit are available throughout the day in the lobby. The pool is basic and clean. The pool area could use additional landscape plantings and outdoor furniture to make it more inviting. It is located with in walking distance of the Ringling Museum and a short distance to the airport. It is a few miles to central/historic Sarasota and beaches.
This property provides above average accommodations in the Economy category at reasonable rates. It is NOT a new, modern Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the building are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed two nights and needed an affordable place and this fit the bill.
Clean, nice staff, and modest items for breakfast were pluses.
Small refrigerator and microwave shows their attention to detail.
TV even had the golf channel. General manager was very cooperative
and they aim to make their guests satisfied.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel with a downstairs room makes it easy to load and unload your car and it is quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I am very disappointed then also surprised by the relatively good rating of this place.
Let me summarize simply:

Negative
- room has a smell and does not seem clean. See my pictures.
- staff very unfriendly
- the breakfast is a joke, there is no table in the small lobby, you need to collect the extremely
basic breakfast, then cross the parking log and go back in your room.
- there are ants in the bathroom
Positive
- very good, stable and reliable wifi connection
Beds are comfortable

Room Tip: hotel is cheap but expected a not so good value for mony.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chtravelor
knightsinnsarasota, Webmaster at Knights Inn Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the positive and negative comments about our property. I appreciate the balanced review. Even negative comments help us improve, and we are actually working every day to make this place nicer and provide a better customer experience. Tomorrow’s guests will benefit from your comments and our work to make this hotel as nice as possible. I apologize sincerely and thank you at the same time.