“Wow! Excellent food. Smiling happy service”
Review of Drunken Poet Cafe

Drunken Poet Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Drunken Poet Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #287 of 1,030 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Street
Miami Beach, Florida
“Wow! Excellent food. Smiling happy service”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I came here with my mom. The place is so cute and colorful. Our beautiful server was patient while we tried to make up our minds from the incredible and creative menu. The food was delicious. Try the sexy man roll and lobster roll!

Sarasota, Florida
“but, why rap music in a thai bistro?”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

i had thai soup and massaman curry for lunch. food and service quite good. chairs are small, straight-backed, uncomfortable -- not conducive to lingering. atmosphere pleasant EXCEPT for the rap "music" (pardon my bias) -- detracts from the experience, in my view.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ddsrq
Henderson, Nevada
“Good Asian Style Cuisine on Downtown Strip”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Asian style downtown restaurant. Good food with a trendy, artsy type clientele. I came here prior to an evening recital at the Opera House. Had a nice meal and the service was very efficient. On-street parking but there are several surrounding lots.

Visited March 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Gorgeous Spot - Terrific food!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

It's a beautiful restaurant with charming, attentive servers and absolutely delicious food.

I love downtown and spots like this are the exact reason why. So delicious.

• Visited February 2014
Bradenton, Florida
“Very Good, Could Be Great”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

When my daughter requested a Sushi dinner with friends for her 14th birthday, I decided to give the Drunken Poet a try based on their online marketing and Tripadvisor reviews. As there would be 8 of us, I called ahead and made a reservation, asking for a nice table and birthday accommodations. When we arrived however no preparations had been made for us, which I found troubling as the guy who greeted us confirmed that he had taken the reservation. No worries though, a couple of tables were hastily set up and our dinner party commenced. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable, and worked hard to make my daughter's birthday special. The food was all of very good quality with nice presentation, but delivery was haphazard and the sushi itself took much longer to be delivered than other menu items ordered at the same time. The girls all had fun though and the staff brought my daughter a dessert and sang to her so overall mission accomplished well. I asked the waiter for a Drunken Poet T-shirt as a memory for my daughter, but this was forgotten, When I reminded him before departing, he apologized and then told me it would be an additional $25! I declined as the shirts they offered were nothing fancy or special and that price is ridiculous. I'll never understand why a service establishment would charge anything more than cost for such things, as this is the best free and targeted marketing any business could ask for... All in all, we had a good time at the Drunken Poet. With a few easy tweaks it could have been a 5 star great experience, but nonetheless I would recommend this place as a fun place for Sushi and Americanized Thai food in downtown Sarasota.

• Visited February 2014