“Wonderful lunch!!!”

Price range: US$20 - US$40
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: University
Description: Offering one of Sarasota’s finest dining experiences, Treviso redefines the idea of “museum dining” with a unique and fresh approach. The clean, minimalist, modern dining room offers an enlarged black and white engraving of the city of Asolo, sleek and comfortable chairs and banquette seating and a stunning spiral staircase leading to the restaurants second floor dining room a favorite spot for winemaker dinners, private parties, rehearsal dinners and business meetings. The patio area boasts the best view of any outdoor eating venue in Sarasota. Treviso is located in the John M. McKay Visitors Pavilion at the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, which allows guests to enjoy Treviso’s culinary delight beyond normal museum hours.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I went to this Restaurant for lunch after having toured the museum etc. on the grounds. I was there with my mother and sister and we had a wonderful time! The Service was great and the food was delicious. Knowing what good food is about and us having culinary experiences throughout Europe we were all pleasantly surprised. I had the Calamari, my sister the special of the day (Mozzarella Ravioli with Marinara Sauce), and my mother had the Greek Salad. It was truly delicious and all fresh food which you could taste!!! Even though we are about 40 minutes away from Sarasota it is on our list to go back before going back to Europe. Give it a try!

Liz M, Director of Sales at Treviso Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

WOW!! Thank you so much for such a glowing review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself, and are honored to be compared to your dining experiences in Europe. We absolutely look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

salads and fries are good. sandwiches are fine. presentation is pretty. I did not try an entree. we had gazpacho cold soup and a sandwich, which was large enough to share.
one can eat outside, but I preferred to sit in the air conditioning. it is conveniently located in the museum administration building.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

At lunch time there are only two places to eat at the Ringling museum complex. We chose the Treviso. The pizza is on a crisp flatbread with minimal sauce and toppings. the Caesar salad with shrimp is a lump of lettuce with 5 shrimp on a stick for $16.00. It could've been an appetizer but not a meal. The best entree was the soup, salad, and daily special sandwich of turkey. That was $13. The soup was navy bean with chicken. You get half of a cup. The sandwich comes with Swiss, lettuce, and tomato. You need to ask for Mayo. The salad is greens on the plate with a splash of italian dressing. The total was $55. For a sub-par lunch. Service was spotty. Would not return.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback and please accept our apologies for your experience. I've taken the liberty of forwarding your comments directly to our Chef in order to rectify issues with portion size as well as to our service team. Anything less than flawless hospitality is not accepted and we will improve.
We thank you for visiting The Ringling and sharing your thoughts of Treviso.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had an amazing lunch at Treviso last week. The service was excellent very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious and had just the right flavors for the pallet. The view is gorgeous as well it is all around a fabulous place to eat!

1  Thank Richeal W
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was my first ever visit here. I had read about the $45.00 special in an ad, which includes 2 starters, 2 entrees, 2 dessert and a bottle of wine. To top it all off, everything was PERFECT!!!!!
Service by Eddie (Eduardo) was excellent, and he was helped out by Zack, also terrific and helpful.

My friends and I were absolutely amazed. This was so much fun to sit and enjoy the view (we sat on the terrace), after a great circus show while sipping wine and savoring the food. We will definitely go back. Great find!

2  Thank mamamia70
Liz M, Director of Sales at Treviso Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We couldn't be more thrilled that you enjoyed yourself, and that you left us such a wonderful review! Thank you!
We absolutely look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.