“Awesome!”

Almost Heaven Kayak Adventures
Ranked #4 of 87 Tours in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayaking eco tours and rentals
Useful Information: Activities for older children
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We shared two tandum kyacks between two adults, a 10 & 8 year old. We had a blast. Tour guide Alan was awesome. This is a MUST do if you're looking for something to do in the Sarasota area. You won't regret it. And Alan kept my phone dry during a very brief shower. So he deserves 5 stars

2 Thank Brian J

Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great morning for families!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Went on the mangrove tour in Lido Key today! What an awesome experience! Alan was a great tour guide. The paddling pace was perfect for beginners and experienced paddlers alike. Alan took the time to do a little Eco presentation which my kids loved. Despite the expected brief downpour it was a perfect morning!

1 Thank Robin V
St. Johns, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great time!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We took our 3 year old & 9 year old on the mangrove tour today. Our guide Alan was really nice and so patient with us as first time kayakers with little ones. He was so knowledgable about the area. We saw several manatees and dolphins. Picked up some whelk and sea urchins and saw cool birds and black crabs in the groves. It was a really fun time and our kids loved it. Highly recommended!

Palm Coast, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Great experience! We're already planning another trip with them!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went out this weekend for a guided kayaking tour on Lido Key. This was only our third time kayaking ever. We're getting better at it, but we still like to have a guide if we're going out into an area we haven't kayaked in before. Alan was our guide, and he was wonderful! The other people who were to join the tour were not able to join us, so it was just the two of us and the guide. We rented a tandem kayak, because my boyfriend and I actually work well together in the same kayak. (I've heard tandem kayaks referred to as 'divorce boats' on more than one occasion, so that's saying something!) Our tour began with a trip through the key, looking for dolphins or manatees. None showed themselves to us this time, but we were accompanied for quite a ways by several cormorants, who entertained themselves by diving under our kayak to hunt the little fish we stirred up from the bottom. If you get to see the cormorants up close, be sure to check out their amazingly blue-green eyes!

From there we took a trip through several mangrove tunnels. I loved how clear the water was even surrounded by a close canopy of the twisted trees! We saw a ton of those little black mangrove crabs (too quick to catch!), as well as several kinds of small fish.

Then, back through the open water to the kayak launch area. It was a great morning, and we can't wait to get back out onto the water again. We're already planning to go out with Almost Heaven again in two weeks - this time in the Myakka River for one of their alligator tours!

Visited July 2014
Columbus, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!!!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This was my favorite part of our vacation in Sarasota. I'd never been in a kayak before but they gave great instructions. I felt like a pro by the end :)

Our tour guide, Alan, was very informative, funny and nice...an all-around great, patient, helpful guy.

The water was beautiful and it could not have been a prettier day. We saw some manatees, different kinds of birds and even a see urchin. The mangrove tunnels were really cool looking.

The tour was well worth the money. We were out on the water for almost three hours. It was a great experience. I'd do it again and would highly recommend it.

One slight caution is that, even though they recommend it for all ages and body types, if you have any physical ailments or health concerns, it might be difficult. It's a long tour. I'm not exactly an athlete, so you don't have to be in superb physical condition or anything, but my husband and I were talking about whether any of our parents, who are in their late 60s, would have been able to kayak that long and we weren't sure. You don't have to paddle fast and there is time to rest while you are looking at marine life, but it was still close to three hours in a kayak. We thought it was awesome, but just be careful if you have any physical ailments (or get a tandem kayak and have a friend or relative do the hard work ;)!!!!)

1 Thank tinafox74