“"Wish we'd found this earlier"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clayton's Siesta Grille

Clayton's Siesta Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Clayton's Siesta Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Clayton's Siesta Grille is known as the locals place on Siesta Key for dinner, breakfast and lunch. We specialize in Seafood with other options like Duck, The worlds best braised beef shortrib, filet mignon, gourmet pizzas, fish taco's and a great burger. We have a full breakfast menu with Eggs Benedict, corned beef hash, cheesy grits, bloody mary's and mimosa's. We have hamburgers, fish taco's and Cuban sandwiches for lunch. Our hours are Monday -Sunday from 4pm to 10pm and 10:30 on Fri and Sat Breakfast hours are Wed-Sunday from 8am to 2pm
Warrington
“"Wish we'd found this earlier"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were coming to the end of our one month stay at Siesta Key and looking for a special last night place to eat. Having read recent reviews we were a little sceptical but decided to give it a go anyway. So pleased we did , although not a busy night, the service and food were fantastic. We had jumbo coconut shrimp to start with Grouper and scallops for mains. Without doubt the best Grouper I've had this stay! In fact best overall food this stay! Even found room for Key Lime Pie. Wine reasonably priced. Clayton himself made us feel very welcome. All I can say is for us this evening was exactly what we wanted, just wish we had found this place earlier. Back next year for sure, give it a go!

3 Thank TGFTWE

Gilbertsville, PA
“Excellent for dinner, just ok for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having been to Clayton's last year, we went back for dinner on our first night in Siesta Key. It was very, very good. I had a filet mignon, and my friend had grouper. The filet was cooked perfectly to my liking - it was tender, juicy and flavorful. For dessert, we chose a warm chocolate brownie, served with vanilla ice cream, fresh fruit and whipped cream. Yummy!! Oh, and they had really good bread too. Have nothing but good things to say about dinner.

Unfortunately, I can't give the same rave review to their breakfast. On our final day in town, we decided to have breakfast there. It was nothing special. In fact, the potatoes were undercooked and bland. The eggs were also slightly undercooked, and the bread was dried out.

By all means, go for dinner, but I will skip it for breakfast next time.

Visited May 2014
Venice, Florida
“Not On Our List To Return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We met three other couples here for dinner, our first time.

Service was slow to start so I went to the bar to get drinks for my wife and myself. The waitress showed up to tell me that she will be our server and would get the drinks. I had to explain twice that they were already ordered. I found this not only strange, but somewhat rude that she even confronted me.

We placed our orders and had no problems, but once again, our waitress went missing in action (10-15 minutes) so I went back to the bar on my own drinks.

The food was very good; 4 of us had the Mahi tacos and I would recommend them.

We asked for the four individual checks which she brought, but just dropped them in the middle of the table for us to sort out. Obviously she was unhappy that we asked.

Be aware that an 18% tip is automatically included (probably for parties of 8 or more) which isn't necessarily an issue except this service was not deserving of it.

I paid in cash, which she took but never returned with the receipt or my change. As the 18% was already included, my wife asked for the change which upset our waitress. When she returned she simply put it on the table and left.

House wine, Sauvignon blanc, was priced at $11 per glass, rest of the drinks were reasonable.

Maybe it was just an off night, but we won't be back given the many great options.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Soggy Duck”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

The menu called for Crispy Duck.......and it also said what it was served with. I ordered the Crispy Duck and asked very nicely and clearly that I would like all sauces and sides on a separate plate. I was most interested in the Crispy Duck......I got soggy Duck. All the sauces and sides were spread over the top of my Crispy Duck, making it soggy, which is precisely what I did NOT want.
I am done with Clayton's. Ruined my evening.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Clayton T, Owner at Clayton's Siesta Grille, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
The review to say the least is over the top and mean spirited, for the sauce not being put in a side dish. The reviewer used the F word with our server several times. The server promptly corrected the sauce on the side dish. The Duck is highly regarded as one of the best dishes in the area. I would encourage you to read all of our reviews. This guy was having a miserable night and brought it to us all.
USA
“2 for 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We found Clayton's during our last trip to Siesta key. It's tucked back off the main road so you need to know where to look, but it's well worth the effort.

We went there our first night in town and it was so good we went back 2 nights later.

My wife and I had the chicken under a brick, a burger and the filet mignon during the two meals, all of the meals were expertly prepared, served quickly and the desserts were GREAT.

Clayton and his team provide great service in a laid back atmosphere.

Give it a try, you'll be glad you did!

1 Thank WCL-from-NE-Ohio