“bad experience”

Clayton's Siesta Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Clayton's Siesta Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,055 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Clayton's Siesta Grille is known as the locals place on Siesta Key for dinner, breakfast and lunch. We specialize in Seafood with other options like Duck, The worlds best braised beef shortrib, filet mignon, gourmet pizzas, fish taco's and a great burger. We have a full breakfast menu with Eggs Benedict, corned beef hash, cheesy grits, bloody mary's and mimosa's. We have hamburgers, fish taco's and Cuban sandwiches for lunch. The webpage will not let us make this clear: we are not open between 2pm and 4:30pm Sed. thru. Sun. Our hours are Monday -Sunday from 4pm to 10pm and 10:30 on Fri and Sat Breakfast hours are Wed-Sunday from 8am to 2pm
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I very rarely complain about anything but I am absolutely furious about the treatment while at this restaraunt. On holiday with friends who had been at this restaurant a few days earlier they recommended it so off we went.. On arrival we were allocated two tables we asked for a four and a five as tables over 6 attract a 18 per cent gratuity charge. Water was given to us on arrival and we ordered drinks. 30 min tied later they arrived..I asked for a bottled beer but was given draught in a glass....on arrival we were given 2 wine choices not given a wine list so a bottle of wine was ordered......after another 30 mins the starters arrived..........so far 1 hour in premises.......an hour later the main meals had not arrived....one of my friends complained and was advised the food would be out soon after another 30 mins no food....I went into restaurant which was not busy,and asked to speak to manager.....to my surprise I was confronted by the less than happy waitress who had been serving us........I was polite and expressed my displeasure at the time we were waiting to have our meal........all she said was I Will Wait at the counter unroll it comes...absolutely incredible!!!! No apologies at any stage or even an explanation as to why we we're waiting g so long.......I told her 5 mins or else we were out.....so food did arrive and it was FAb!!!!!!!!''.....Then the Bill.......18 per cent on both bills for service. 32 dollars for a bottle of wine!!!!!....needless to say we disputed it with another member of staff who was horrified at the way we had been treated....no gratuity was paid...wine bill was reduced...........we then learn that the girl who served us was daughter of the owner...........we have spent numerous holidays in . Siesta Key and all of them enjoyable.......Congratulations to the staff at Claytons for leaving us with a bad memory of dining in Siesta Key..........I would add that the restaurant was not busy.....so why the bad attitude and poor service?

2  Thank buddiegolf

Reviewed 30 June 2014

You have to look for this tucked away restaurant but it is worth the search. I tried the grouper and it was great. It is a really good restaurant and is on our list each year when we vacation.

3  Thank scodkokno
Reviewed 19 June 2014

One of the locals told me about this place and what a find. I live in the Orlando area but visit Siesta Key about 5 times a year for a week or two. This is one of the best little finds in the area. The food is great and the presentation is beautiful. I enjoy fine wines,fine dining and really good food this place is a 4 star in my book (I don't give a lot of 4stars) .... Oyster sliders were great, I had them in season, and scallops WOW... Great find with a great chef. This is not on the water or have a water view but the food makes up for that, and there is outside dining.

1  Thank RebeccaR552
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Went to the beach and wanted a FRESH fish sandwich. After going to three different places, found this place. Great find. Calamari was some of the best I've had. Fresh crispy goodness. Ordered mahi sandwich off menu, no problem. Casual atmosphere, great food, very accommodating to off menu requests and the freshest seafood in town. I plan on making it to this place several times a month.

4  Thank FloridaJohn941
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We caught red snapper on memorial day in the gulf of Mexico and called claytons to have them prepare our fish dinner for 4 of us.
No problem at all they said.
They first surprised us with an appetizer of our fish for us that was wonderful....very thoughtful.
Next came a family style platter that had risotto and grilled mixed vegetables on top and then grilled snapper on one side and blacken snapper on the other.
Absolutely outstanding!
We ate every bite.
Clayton the owner stopped by to make sure everything was perfect.
Cost $14.95 per person
We go there often and every meal is great.
Thanks Clayton's!