“So much fun!!!”

Florida Ever-Glides Inc. Segway Tour
Reviewed 23 March 2014

What a great way to end the year! My hubby and I decided to take a segway tour while in Sarasota for the New Year's Eve fireworks. My husband is an experienced segway rider, but it was my first time and I was a little nervous. Not to worry! Our guide, Tom, was extremely patient with me and quickly got me up to speed. I soon felt completely comfortable and did not slow down our group. The segway itself was so much fun---but the added bonus of our tour was all the wonderful local history we learned from Tom. As it turned out, we enjoyed the Segway tour even more than the fireworks. We can't wait to take the beach tour the next time we are in Sarasota-next week!

Dec 31, 2013

2  Thank Sandy D

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Don't use this guy, the grandfather of all segway tours...so he says. So high strung you can't enjoy the scenery.. And God forbid you touch his old segways before he tells you to and he will flip out. Also over charged us. Pick a different company. He says he is going to retire soon anyway. Good news.

3  Thank Lorraine J
segways, Owner at Florida Ever-Glides Inc. Segway Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

After over 10 years in business we have NEVER been accused of overcharging anyone! This group was charged the exact price as published in our website. As a matter of fact, this guest in particular was given an extra 1.5 miles of gliding on the tour because she requested to see several areas outside of the normal tour route. I was very happy to accommodate their request because we were ahead of schedule. I do admit to being overly cautious of my guests, as a result I have a near-perfect safety record with over 50,000 Segway riders. We want everybody to have a great time touring beautiful Sarasota, FL, but safety has to be a #1 priority. If I remember correctly, the other rider in the group attempted to step on the Segway while it was turned off and the kickstand was set. Had I not stopped her, the result would have been a damaged Segway and a bruised guest. We always try to exceed our guests expectations, but realize we cannot please everyone.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We did the 3 hr beach tour on a beautiful fall morning. The segways works perfectly and allowed a good 11 mile tour from the city center, out to Lido Beach via scenic neighborhoods and nice roads. The view and experience is a bit different than touring by car--almost like cycling without the effort. This was a well led tour by the owner with good historic commentary along the way. If you've never tried a Segway before, it can take some getting used to, but there is a 10 minute or so training session before the tour leaves.

1  Thank gdrvasc
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We had the most enthusiastic guide one could imagine - the owner of the company! There were only two of us for the tour that day, but he was delighted to take us anyway. We learned some interesting facts about the history of Sarasota, and enjoyed the beautiful harbour front, where we also got a break and treat!

The guides at Ever-Glide provide instruction for even the most reticent learner, and there are the "Turtle Speed" options for cautious riders, "intermediate" for those more comfortable. Safety is taken very seriously and every move of the tour is well - planned.

It was an enjoyable couple of hours which we recommend for folks of all ages!

2  Thank GratefulinDundas
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I'll admit that I took this tour just because I wanted to ride a Segway. After seeing these things on TV and in the movies, I couldn't refuse.

I expected the tour really be all about the machines, what they do, how they work... But instead, I found myself engrossed in what they guide was showing me and telling be about Sarasota. Halfway thru the tour, I completely forgot my original reason for going.

Amazing tour, great guide, incredibly cool and geeky way to see a different side of the city!

6  Thank Lonnie W