“Tour is so great you forget you are actually on a Segway!”

Florida Ever-Glides Inc. Segway Tour
Clearwater, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tour is so great you forget you are actually on a Segway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2010

I'll admit that I took this tour just because I wanted to ride a Segway. After seeing these things on TV and in the movies, I couldn't refuse.

I expected the tour really be all about the machines, what they do, how they work... But instead, I found myself engrossed in what they guide was showing me and telling be about Sarasota. Halfway thru the tour, I completely forgot my original reason for going.

Amazing tour, great guide, incredibly cool and geeky way to see a different side of the city!

6 Thank Lonnie W

Sarasota FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Unique, Safe & Fun Historical Tour of Sarasota Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

My husband and I had so much fun taking the Florida Ever-Glides Segway Tour. We’ve returned 4 times with different family members from out of town. Our guide, Tom, made sure each of us felt completely comfortable before leaving. This made for a more enjoyable and relaxing tour!! We just glided and weaved through all the historical sites. It was great to follow along and not have to worry about making decisions. He helped us cross any roads with ease. My favorite spot was riding along the marina and park along the bay, where we stopped for a nice break and a great photo opportunity. ENJOY!!

8 Thank TravelBugSarasotaFL
Columbus, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun way to see the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2010

My wife and I have always wanted to try a Segway tour and finally got the opportunity to try it in Sarasota. I was surprised how quickly you we could learn to navigate the Segways...they are quite intuitive. The tour was a lot of fun. The tour guide, Tom, who is also the owner, is quite passionate about what he does. You can tell he loves his job and that resulted in a fun experience. I recommend this to anyone who wants to try something different.

7 Thank travelers1974
TheHague
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 288 helpful votes
“Ready for a nervous breakdown”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

I think the guide (who also happens to be the owner of the company, Bob ?) should retire from this business for his own sake. I've never seen such a nervous wreck ! Or an impatient one. Never ridden a segway before ? No problem, Bob will give you 10 minutes to learn. And then spend the next 30 minutes having a heart attack because you might possibly scratch his precious machines (its not like they're even the latest models). Eventually it became almost a game, wind up Bob and watch him explode :-) Expensive and you'd enjoy the tour more walking on two feet. Certainly not the place to take your first segway tour.

6 Thank Casualist
Chicago, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Overpriced and disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2009

The guide we had on our tour, Bob I think was his name, was very nervous about his Segways and treated us like children. It was like taking a Segway tour with your Grandma. But then he would sometimes spin around unexpectedly to show off how good he is on the Segway like he was 12-years-old and almost hit the first person in our group. These machines are also very slow, I'm pretty sure I can walk faster than they go, and because you are just standing on them your feet fall asleep. And it is an expensive tour. I would rather walk for free. This was generally an unpleasant and pricey experience.

6 Thank LeftFork
segwaytom, owner at Florida Ever-Glides Inc. Segway Tour, responded to this review, 6 January 2010
With over 25,000 satisfied guests over almost seven years in business, this is the first negative feedback gotten. In fact, many of our guests are repeat or referral customers. We have recieved glowing reviews from the Washington Post, Southern Living, Budget Travel, U.S. News and World Report, American Airlines & Delta in-flight magazines, and over 200 newspapers around the world.

Because of the nature of our tours, we never go any faster than the slowest rider for safety reasons. Our tour guides are are trained to provide accurate and entertaining content and to always provide a safe environment for the guests. The cost for our tours, which last from 2-3 hours are very competitive nationally, and we are consistantly told it is an excellent value. We are the country's first Segway Guided Tour, and have always strived to 'set a standard' for others to achieve.

The Segway Tour is not about how fast we're going, because there are just too many interesting things to enjoy along the way. We go at a pace that is both safe and enjoyable for everyone.