“Classy little place, great for late night noshing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #124 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual New American/Eclectic restaurant open seven nights a week for dinner, from 6PM until 2AM every night. Chef-owned and operated. We support local farms as much as possible.
Sarasota, Florida
“Classy little place, great for late night noshing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I love this place! Food is unique (e.g., rabbit tacos, duck springrolls, ginger crab soup), and the servings are a good size -- not huge, but just right. The service is the friendliest of any place I've ever been. Seriously. Servers are also exceptionally knowledgeable about the food and wine selections. This restaurant is a little hard to find, due to inadequate front signage, but it's worth a little searching. There's on-street parking. Restaurant opens at 6 PM and stays open til 2 AM.

• Visited May 2014
Lan B, Owner at meLange, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you. I'm happy to tell my staff about your great experience with the service and food! Stay tuned for September - our generous landlord is planning a remodel of the facade to help make the restaurant easier to find.

“Delicious! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went late nite after a movie for a lite bite. Everything was so delicious! Our lite bite turned into a not so lite bite because we could not stop ordering small plates, each being as good or better than the last.... Nice drink/wine menu too.

Thank you melange, we'll be back.

Lan B, Owner at meLange, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Melange. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your late night dining experience!
Sarasota, Florida
“My Wife's Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Having lived in New York City for over 30 years ( dining out frequently) and dining out many times in Paris and Italy last summer my wife and I find MeLange to be one the most eclectic fine dining experiences we have had. The menu is unusual and every course is absolutely delicious, carefully prepared and served with care and the cocktails are also delicious and different. The prices are moderate and when other diners discover this truly unique venue there will be a long wait to dine.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lan B, Owner at meLange, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for dining with us for your wife's birthday! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Sarasota Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I'm only in Sarasota once, maybe twice each year and with every visit I make meLange a priority when dining out. The evolution of their business and concept impresses me every year. The staff and owners obviously work diligently to be creative with not only their dishes but also their cocktail menu & service is ALWAYS of a high caliber. I look forward to these visits and cannot wait to see what deliciousness awaits me on my next trip to town!

1 Thank Cfordcoates
Lan B, Owner at meLange, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for visiting us on your trips to Sarasota. We appreciate your business and are happy to hear your positive review!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't come here with more than 8 people!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Last night, I arrived at MeLange with 8 other fellow Sarasota Orchestra musicians but almost as soon as we sat down, we were told to leave because we had one too many people in our group; they would not serve parties larger than 8. We were the only customers there and when our visiting conductor asked why we had to leave, we were rudely berated by Lan Bradeen (the owner) for "not understanding what it's like to run a restaurant". We gladly took our business next door (where of course having a group of 9 was not a problem). What kind of place throws out their only customers because there's too many?

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Austin L
Lan B, Owner at meLange, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Melange does not accept parties over 8 people because we value the comfort of our other guests (it is a small dining room). We understand that some people would like to bring large parties for a special occasion, and this is very much appreciated. However, the restaurant is not designed to accommodate large parties, and therefore, we must respectfully decline. We hope that you will continue to appreciate the restaurant in smaller groups!