“Average at best.”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gourmet hamburgers. Delicious entrees. Try our healthy, gluten free, vegetarian and vegan options! Doggie Dining Friendly! Weekly Specials 3-4-5 Happy Hour Every Day Tues $10.99 All-American Wed $3 Onion Rings Thur $3 Craft Beer, $4 Martinis M-F Lunch Menu starts at $5.99 (11Am-3pm)
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended by friends...so we gave it a try. While we did not expect a great deal of ambience...we did not expect the high noise level.
Food was nothing special...cooked as ordered, delivered in a timely manner....by a pleasant server. This was not a bad meal....just Ho Hum.
My hard earned money would better spent elsewhere.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've been to Square 1 a half dozen times, and when I label it "average," I mean it literally. I've had great burgers there three times. I've had not-so-good burgers three times. Divide that track record by six, and you get "average." But I keep going back, hoping that my next visit will be a great one. Hope springs eternal in the human breast.

I can't understand two things about this place: first, it specializes in burgers. To me, that means "burgersandfries," So how can Square 1 serve lousy frozen french fries, the kind that are hollow inside? To me, that's inexcusable. The fries at Wendy's put these to shame. The owner should get real potatoes and have the cooks peel them, slice them, fry them, salt them, and serve them. That's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

The other thing I can't understand is how I can get a delicious burger half the time and a not-so-good burger half the time. How hard is it to maintain consistency when you're frying a ground-beef patty and slapping it on a bun?

So that explains why I was grumpy at Square 1 last night.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The edemame appetizer is always my favorite. They make a great sangria...and oh! yes - the burgers!! So big they can be shared - with onion rings of course.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I stopped for lunch - in need of a burger! Well, we certainly found them at Square 1! So many options - anything you can imagine. We went with the traditional American burgers and they were excellent. Onion rings were awesome. We had a very nice and efficient server. Great place that we really enjoyed.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I ordered the Salmon Burger - don't know why I like it but I do
Onion rings are awesome I think there beer battered - my son loves them. my wife got the veggie burger - If your vegetarian the veggieburger is better than the Portabella burger - deep-fried pickled jalapenos are above average - the hostess looks like Haley from modern family