“Very Dissapoited!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Oh Mamma Mia

Oh Mamma Mia
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Mamma Mia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #247 of 1,027 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Burlington, Vermont
“Very Dissapoited!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I am 100 percent itailian and was very excited to dine at this resturant because of the great advertising. When we first sat down the chef Urbano did come over and we exchanged pleasantries . My husband and I have had Italian food in Vermont, Italy, my family meals exct. We ordered the fruitti do mere, I had the veal fried with arugula and diced tomatoes . That was the most dissapoitning meal ever. My husbands order supposedly was a fish selection with very few pieces in it. The menu said one pound! My veal was so tasteless! The bread was served at the beginning with sliced tomatoes, oil and a ton of oregano! Chief Urbano did not prepare our meal, the young gentlemen that did came over and asked us how we liked it! I told him I am sorry to complain but my veal was like eating fried calamari. He apologized and said maybe he cooked it too long. I felt bad for him but with this restaurant being so promoted I feel like it is a shame that chef Urbano gives his staff the full responsibility. I watched the boy make it and I felt he was trained like methodically. Like subway. There was no art to this resturant.
O

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 100percentitalian

“Excellent”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Wonderful bread and sliced tomatoes to start. Excellent salad with fresh mozzarella, olives, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and dressing. I had the lump lobster ravioli with a spicy tomato cream sauce. It was the best pasta I've ever had. My husband had a tortellini with prosciutto, mushrooms, and peas which he said was wonderful. The owner/ chef was very personable. We hope to take one of his cooking classes on our visit next year. The restaurant is also conveniently located right off siesta key.

• Visited April 2014
“Best of the Best”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Chef Urbano prepares each meal with full attention to every detail. I cannot imagine eating authentic Italian anywhere else in Sarasota. NOT a chain restaurant.

Visited February 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Oh Mama Mia - FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I've had the privilege of dining at Chef Urbano's Italian restaurant 2 times since I've lived in Sarasota Florida. The atmosphere is excellent. Small, cozy, and you get to watch your meal being prepared and cooked (either right in front of you, depending on your seating arrangement) or on a big-screen TV.

The food is about as close to the "real thing" as you can get! All hand-made, fresh pasta and a great wine selection to boot! Giuseppe is a very likable gentleman and personally greets you to ask how everything is.

Of the two meals I've had, both were excellent with regards to price and quality. My only, and this is a VERY slight complaint, would be the portion sizes. They're decent and so I really shouldn't be complaining at all. However, I'm from Northern NJ and have frequented an Italian bistro there called E&V where the portions are TOO big. You're served enough to fill yourself and take home enough for another 2 meals!! And so, as some other reviewers state - I compare everything to E&V since, not only are the portions enormous, but the food quality is top notch.

OK - so I apologize for giving the plug to my favorite restaurant since this review is for "Oh Mama Mia".

Overall, This is one of THEE best Italian dining experiences I've ever had the pleasure to visit! You can't go wrong with "Oh Mama Mia" and Chef Giuseppe Urbano.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank bassist50
Sarasota, Florida
“Dinner Date with my Hubby!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have been to this restaurant many times and have not been disappointed with the atmostphere, food, and the service it is small and intimate and casual they have great wines and I enjoy watching the chef/owner prepare your food. My favorite is the veal chop Milanase!

• Visited February 2014