“A true pearl”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A warm welcome to Dolce Italia, celebrating our fourth anniversary. Four years ago we opened with the dream of creating a little gathering place to enjoy good food and good company. You have helped us realize our dream, and we wish to thank you by providing our very best hospitality, ambiance and flavor. We came here from Ischia, Italy to share our passion for creating wholesome Italian Cuisine from our own family traditions. In return, you made us feel like a part of a big happy family here, so we don't miss our Ischia so much. My father created the sculpture of the enchanted Castle Aragonese on our wall to remind us of the beautiful place we were born and raised. Over the last four years, our dreams have come true. We remember each of our customers with fondness, we enjoy every evening that you spend with us, and we feel very lucky to have such a wonderful family of patrons. "La Nostra Casa e la Vostra Casa" (Our Home is your Home) Tiziana & Filippo & Dolce Italia Family
London, United Kingdom
“A true pearl”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I love italian food. The pasta trenne dolce italia and the tiramisu were simply outstanding. Incredible food. I believed I was in Italy. One of the best Italian dinner I have had recently. I will be back!

• Visited August 2014

Flushing, New York
“GEM OF A RESTAURANT!!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Each time we visit Sarasota, the first restaurant we visit is always Dolce Italia and we are always thrilled with everything. The food is incredible.....it is the closest you will get to actually being in Italy. The blackboard specials are definitely the way to go. Just as in Italy, the chef Tatiana plans her menu based upon only the best and freshest ingredients she and husband Pippo select at the market. Each dish is cooked with care and attention to every detail. The flavors are perfect! Every meal is a work of art. We love this restaurant! If you want authentic Italian food, not the Americanized rendition of Italian food, this is the place to go. You will not be disappointed!

St. Augustine, Florida
“Hands down, the best meal of our trip!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Thank you to everyone who uses Trip Advisor and apps like Yelp for leading us to this great find! It is a small restaurant, with homemade Italian food. Maybe 10 tables, but such a cozy feeling to be here. The owners have only been here about 6 years and the restaurant has been open close to 4. They will be moving to a new location in October, about 1 more block west from their current location. How do I know this? Because we spent quality time talking with the owner, Filippo. The husband and wife owners spent time talking with nearly every table and were flexible when it came to dining choices for our kids. The dinner specials were well varied and all sounded delicious. We ordered zucchini parmigiana for an appetizer and I had a dinner special of Pappardelle with shrimp, sausage and zucchini, while my husband had the lasanga. The kids had penne with meatballs, and my 8 year old declared the meatballs to be the best ever. For dessert, I had the Tiramisu and not every restaurant gets this right! But it was delicious. My 11 year old wanted to go to the Key for their gelato, but Filippo brought her their vanilla gelato with nutella on top and fresh whipped cream. I was worried because I am not a fan of nutella, but she loved it, and so did I.
I much prefer to visit independent restaurants vs. chains, where ever I go. But when you add in the friendly service and the small, close knit feeling, together with the delicious food, you have a place that cannot fail. Do not be discouraged if you are visiting Siesta Key and this restaurant is in Sarasota vs. being on the Key. It was less than 2 miles from our hotel on Sarasea Circle and SO worth it!

Visited July 2014
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and actual authentic Italian cuisine”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A very quaint restaurant with excellent staff and amazing food my wife and I had trini dolce and it was to die for I am glad to find an authentic Italian restaurant right next to the beaches and happy to finally find an Italian restaurant that doesn't claim to be authentic Italian and turn around and offer cheap pizza just to please people who think they know what Italian cuisine is . This place is the real McCoy and offers some of the most amazing AUTHENTIC Italian cuisine.

1 Thank Dario P
Sarasota, Florida
“Amazing authentic experience!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

You have to try this little slice of Italy in Gulf Gate. I heard about Dolce Italia from a friend and decided to take my girlfriend for dinner. The place is small but provides an intimate atmosphere that reminds you of restaurants in Europe. As soon as we walked in we were warmly greeted by the owners Tiziana and Pippo who come from a small Island in Italy. Pippo is very funny and he helped us pick out a wine from their extensive list of Italian wines. We tried the montepuliciano it was great. Tiziana, who is also the chef, went over the specials with us and they all sounded so good we were torn on what to get. We started with the Burrata as an appetizer and it was excellent, creamy mozzarella with ripe tomatoes and some arugula. Make sure to drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic! They also brought some homemade Italian bread with a nice crust that was perfect for dipping into the oil. For entrees, I decided on the seafood over linguine, a combination of shellfish and fish with a white wine sauce with some crushed red pepper. The presentation was gorgeous and the the food was steaming hot straight from the stove. There was so much flavor in the dish, the pasta cooked al dente... just perfect! My girlfriend tried the veal pizzaiola and I tried a piece of it, and it was also full of all those great Italian flavors... garlic, zesty tomatoes and herbs. The whole time the owners periodically came over to check on us and talk with us. They seemed like they really wanted to get to know us and really cared about our experience. After dinner we were stuffed but we had to try the almond tiramisu with some cappucinos. Decadent, creamy, right on point. It was easily the best Italian restaurant I have been to in Sarasota. It's not too often I have such a good experience I am compelled to write a review. The food is authentic and you can taste the quality and love that's put into it. I would recommend Dolce Italia to anyone and will be returning soon!

1 Thank fromspark2fire