“Dedicated Gluten Free Bakery and Sandwich Shop”

Island Gluten Free Bakery
Ranked #6 of 24 Bakeries in Sarasota
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Description: A wonderful little bakery/cafe run by 3 ladies- Karen, Vickie and Kim. It's a dedicated gluten free facility and they make delicious gluten free bread, scones, muffins, cakes etc and sell it in they're cafe along with great coffee! Also serving sandwiches, subs and pizza on their fresh baked breads/crust from 10am to 2pm. Just off Siesta Key in Sarasota Fl. Wonderful find for Coeliacs.
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Live in Tampa Bay area and have been looking for dedicated gluten free bakery for the past 7 years.....was searching for a gluten free bakery closer to home but didn't find one, so I drove the 1 hr. 20 minutes and I am glad I did....I can say the pizza, and french bread are amazing and rate top honors! I personally found the cinnamon rolls ok, but nothing really outstanding, but I have read many reviews that think they are fantastic.....so you will have to judge for yourself.....but it definitely is worth the drive!

They definitely understand gluten free, cross-contamination, etc. in addition to preparing great food! Oh, they also ship most of their products.....isn't that outstanding?

1  Thank DeeLargo

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Wow! So happy to see that when coming on holiday I am able to find somewhere amazing that caters for gluten free! Great food here, the raisin bread, peanut butter cake and pies were awesome! Had as much as I could within the two weeks I have been in longboat key and found that the food was great every time. They also offered recommendations for where to eat out for dinner, Beckhams on the Trail was great and withi the help from the bakery could offer hamburgers!!! First time I have eaten one in a long time. Thank you is really all I can say, this made my holiday better than ever and I know I will be back next year.
Sarah, Northants UK

1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 29 April 2013

While on vacation in Siesta Key, having your bakery nearby was crucial! I didn't have to cook everything, super bonus! The Italian subs were so great, even my gluten eating family members liked them and said maybe we should go gluten free. My mom enjoyed her egg salad, and banana nut muffin. Pizzas were awesome, yes we tried all three flavors! Scones were super yummy, I'm surprised one lasted until breakfast the next day. Everyone loved the cookies so much, I didn't get to try them. My husband requested the chocolate chocolate - chip muffins and quiche which were both super yummy. However, the ultimate was the key lime pie! I was in heaven! Super delicious.

1  Thank LenapeKate
Reviewed 7 February 2013

If you're looking for the tastiest gluton free foods around town go here. The girls work to the bone to make your food items the freshest possible. Well worth going if your want super good and healthy foods.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Found this place on a whim and glad I did. Got some chocolate chip cookies and they were delicious!!!!