“GF eats for the whole day!”

Island Gluten Free Bakery
Ranked #6 of 25 Bakeries in Sarasota
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A wonderful little bakery/cafe run by 3 ladies- Karen, Vickie and Kim. It's a dedicated gluten free facility and they make delicious gluten free bread, scones, muffins, cakes etc and sell it in they're cafe along with great coffee! Also serving sandwiches, subs and pizza on their fresh baked breads/crust from 10am to 2pm. Just off Siesta Key in Sarasota Fl. Wonderful find for Coeliacs.
Trinidad
“GF eats for the whole day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

This wonderful gf only eating place offers the visitor a chance to enjoy a holiday without sacrificing eating habits. A nice selection of muffins, breads, cookies and desserts. Fresh or frozen, to enjoy there or take-away, this bakery is a hidden gem. They also provide gf items to restaurants in the area and have a list of these online.

Visited August 2013

New York City, New York
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband found this amazing cafe. I am gluten sensitive and found it difficult to find great food while vacationing. Everything from the bread, waffles, muffins and scones were amazing. Especially the pumpkin spice muffin. The owners are so helpful and friendly. On our next visit back, we will definitely return. I wish they would ship their food.

• Visited July 2013
Largo
“Dedicated Gluten Free Bakery and Sandwich Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Live in Tampa Bay area and have been looking for dedicated gluten free bakery for the past 7 years.....was searching for a gluten free bakery closer to home but didn't find one, so I drove the 1 hr. 20 minutes and I am glad I did....I can say the pizza, and french bread are amazing and rate top honors! I personally found the cinnamon rolls ok, but nothing really outstanding, but I have read many reviews that think they are fantastic.....so you will have to judge for yourself.....but it definitely is worth the drive!

They definitely understand gluten free, cross-contamination, etc. in addition to preparing great food! Oh, they also ship most of their products.....isn't that outstanding?

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank DeeLargo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best cinnamon bun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Wow! So happy to see that when coming on holiday I am able to find somewhere amazing that caters for gluten free! Great food here, the raisin bread, peanut butter cake and pies were awesome! Had as much as I could within the two weeks I have been in longboat key and found that the food was great every time. They also offered recommendations for where to eat out for dinner, Beckhams on the Trail was great and withi the help from the bakery could offer hamburgers!!! First time I have eaten one in a long time. Thank you is really all I can say, this made my holiday better than ever and I know I will be back next year.
Sarah, Northants UK

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sarah M
Cimarron, Colorado
“Love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

While on vacation in Siesta Key, having your bakery nearby was crucial! I didn't have to cook everything, super bonus! The Italian subs were so great, even my gluten eating family members liked them and said maybe we should go gluten free. My mom enjoyed her egg salad, and banana nut muffin. Pizzas were awesome, yes we tried all three flavors! Scones were super yummy, I'm surprised one lasted until breakfast the next day. Everyone loved the cookies so much, I didn't get to try them. My husband requested the chocolate chocolate - chip muffins and quiche which were both super yummy. However, the ultimate was the key lime pie! I was in heaven! Super delicious.

• Visited April 2013