“Special kayaking tour”

Bay & Gulf Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bay and Gulf adventures is a Sarasota kayaking tour and rental company, offering ecological education and exploration in a fun and entertaining environment for all ages. Explore the hidden treasures of Sarasota’s Lido Key, Mangrove Tunnels, Longboat Key, Siesta Key, Myakka State Park, and The Jim Neville Preserve only accessible through one our unique kayaking tours. Click on a tour for more information.
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

I've done kayaking in several places, and this was an incredibly special tour. Scott is super knowledgable and it is a nature lesson at a level that is so hard to describe. He keeps his tours small and takes you through mangrove channels and that is what makes this tour different and special. Some of the mangrove channels are only a few feet wide.

I highly recommend this tour if you want different or specialty kayaking. I learned so much. Try this tour.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I've been kayaking at other beautiful places but the mangrove tunnels on Lido Key are a rare treasure. Scott Whitehead, owner and guide of Bay and Gulf Adventures, made the trip extremely interesting. He took his time and shared his extensive knowledge of all the birds and sea life that we experienced. I loved it so much, I went back a second day and rented a kayak on my own.

1  Thank Lilalo3235
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We reserved a double kayak and a single kayak for exploring the mangrove tunnels by Lido Key. Scott explained, demonstrated, encouraged and led us on our tour. He was willing to set the meeting time to accommodate our schedule. Our German guest spent an extra hour with Scott on a nature adventure where she observed a manatee, touched a sea cucumber, and learned about the tarpon brushing against their kayaks. It was a memorable experience. Thank you.

1  Thank APF725
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Bay and Gulf Adventures was a great way for our family to enjoy the beautiful wildlife while taking in the amazing ocean/bay views. We were so close to the Manatees it was breathtaking. Scott is very knowledgeable and my boys (ages 9 and 6) were so excited to learn about all the ocean birds, fish, etc.

5  Thank Sunnny73
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Our guide was wonderful and i learned so much! It really was a great trip and i would recommend this outfitter to all!

3  Thank lianne1015