“Best Value in Sarasota”

Rolling Green Golf Club
Ranked #43 of 116 Outdoor Activities in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: Rolling Green is the friendliest course in all of Southwest Florida. The staff is welcoming and happy to help you enjoy your day at this 18-hole, par 72 championship layout. The course is friendly to all playing abilities with smooth greens & well manicured Bermudagrass fairways. Rolling Green doesn't beat your game up - it builds it up! And the full practice range and putting/chipping greens are just what's needed if you want to tune up your game even more. Convenient to everything in Sarasota or Manatee counties - Rolling Green gets great reviews from regular players for the Loyalty Club, Players Club & for being the Home of All Inclusive Golf.
Sarasota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Value in Sarasota”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I have played most every course in Sarasota, including most of the private courses. For the general public, RG offers the best bang for the buck. Since the Palmer Group has taken over management of RG the improvements are too numerous to list, but I will mention a few. The course is in as good condition as ever. The greens are true, and getting slicker. A couple of years ago I couldn't have said this. But now, I completely enjoy every visit. There are a couple of other courses that give something back to the player, but they got the idea from RG. Their loyality program offers a real return. The player improvement program is a great feature. If you are here for a short time neither of these will make a difference, but where else can you add breakfas and lunch for $6 bucks and a couple of beers to a round and not break the bank. I consider RG to be my home course and I am proud of it.

Visited January 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Flat Course Good for Beginners”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This course has been around for years. It is reasonably priced but may not suit Nice clubhouse offers limited menu. Open to public. I played there for years in the early 1970's and found it great for 9 holes after work.

Bradenton
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“You'll do better everywhere else”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

What's so special about Rolling Green? NOTHING !!! They get higher prices in the winter but they give you below what you should expect in the summer. Very poor greens, fairways that need mowing and management just doesn't care about you.

Visited January 2012
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good Value, Quiet Area”
Reviewed 12 November 2009

They were over-seeding the greens when we went so we got a pretty good rate. Even though it was windy/rainy the day we went, we got a few good hits on the course. It's a pretty well-rounded par 3 course, not too much water. The scenery is okay, some holes are kind of close to the Rolling Green housing area, so there were some areas that weren't too aesthetically pleasing (like the wheelbarrow full of cement and dug-up backyard of one of the residents). Other than that, it's set away from the main roads so it's pretty quiet and peaceful.

Tampa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Course was in great shape and it was cheap!”
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I had a great day! I shot a great score. Made all kinds of long puts (greens were good). We saw the this very interesting red fox who tried to take my crackers out of the cart! Everyone was very friendly. It was very hot but the beer was cold. I really appreciated how friendly everyone was, especially the pro or manager who made a point to say hello. It was really close to the condo we were staying at out on the beach. This place was a great value! I'll be back next year when we rent the same condo, the wife likes the beach...but I like the golf.

1 Thank WeekendHacker2