“Slow, Slow and Slow”

Rolling Green Golf Club
Ranked #44 of 118 Outdoor Activities in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: Rolling Green is the friendliest course in all of Southwest Florida. The staff is welcoming and happy to help you enjoy your day at this 18-hole, par 72 championship layout. The course is friendly to all playing abilities with smooth greens & well manicured Bermudagrass fairways. Rolling Green doesn't beat your game up - it builds it up! And the full practice range and putting/chipping greens are just what's needed if you want to tune up your game even more. Convenient to everything in Sarasota or Manatee counties - Rolling Green gets great reviews from regular players for the Loyalty Club, Players Club & for being the Home of All Inclusive Golf.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I played the course on a recommendation of a friend from Connecticut. I paid $32.95 with burger, chips, pickle and two draft beers or fountain drinks. When I pulled up to the first tee at my 1:32pm tee time there were 3 groups waiting to tee off and it was all down hill from there. The course it self was OK but the greens were hard and would not hold even on a high approach shot. The round took just under 5 hours. Way to long for an enjoyable experience. No round should last more than 4hrs and 15min. Overall just average.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

For nearly ten years this has been our "go to" course for affordable golf, year-round. It's staff members like Sam in the pro-shop who have kept us coming back. Because we're a group of 6 still-working professionals we tend to play on weekends, and it's typically been easy to get a tee time or "walk on". We enjoy the course which is not too challenging for beginning players but is also enjoyed by our more skilled friends. However, on our last two rounds we felt harrassed by the starter/player assistant, Don. While not rude, he is overly zealous and we have felt hassled on the last two visits - to the point where two of our players left without finishing their rounds. This has left all of us looking for another local course. Other than the one unpleasant staff member, we would recommend Rolling Green (and in fact, have done so for years).

1  Thank LovesToTravelSue
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I have played most every course in Sarasota, including most of the private courses. For the general public, RG offers the best bang for the buck. Since the Palmer Group has taken over management of RG the improvements are too numerous to list, but I will mention a few. The course is in as good condition as ever. The greens are true, and getting slicker. A couple of years ago I couldn't have said this. But now, I completely enjoy every visit. There are a couple of other courses that give something back to the player, but they got the idea from RG. Their loyality program offers a real return. The player improvement program is a great feature. If you are here for a short time neither of these will make a difference, but where else can you add breakfas and lunch for $6 bucks and a couple of beers to a round and not break the bank. I consider RG to be my home course and I am proud of it.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

This course has been around for years. It is reasonably priced but may not suit Nice clubhouse offers limited menu. Open to public. I played there for years in the early 1970's and found it great for 9 holes after work.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

What's so special about Rolling Green? NOTHING !!! They get higher prices in the winter but they give you below what you should expect in the summer. Very poor greens, fairways that need mowing and management just doesn't care about you.