Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Sarasota
US$70
US$62
SleepInn
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$122
Holiday Inn Express Sarasota I-75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$216
US$167
US$162
Hotels.com
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$108
ComfortSuites
US$447
US$413
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmicrowave and fridgeother guestslocation is greatclean roomsbeacheshurricane
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel has great potential if some upgrades were done. Most important suggestion would be to eliminate the smoking rooms. Paint the hall walls and renovate the bathrooms.
The rooms that face into the pool have a nice appeal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank judy584
Reviewed 6 October 2013

my room was clean, everything worked fine, A/C, good shower, comfy clean bed, nice pool. Oct2013 they are in process of replacing carpeting. Right next to Publix supermarket, safe & walkable part of town. For a basic, relatively cheap hotel in SRQ, this place was just fine.

Room Tip: pool-side rooms have patio/balconies. Don't miss Roadside Rib Shack 1/4 mile south on Bahia Vista just off 41, tasty!
Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank klinda_13
ABVISRQMANAGER, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Thank you for the review and comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Hotel was at a good location.Rooms were clean and no bugs need updating bathroom, old we did like the big shower head and water pressure Beds were good need better pillows.I loved the room for price pool was clean GREAT FOR THE PRICE

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the review and comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I can't say anything positive about this place , I'm including some pictures from room 303 After the first night a cancelled my stay ( planned for 4 nights) and moved to the REAL and clean hotel.
Stay away from this place unless you're planning some extreme vacations but if so, my recommendation will be to sleep in your car!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank MariuszR
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I am only rating this as one circle because I am required to give at least one, if I could I would rate it negative 5 circles. I do not know where to start. We checked in very late, check in process was fine but that was where it stops. Doors to building are not secure, room is beyond nasty, dirty, smelly, stains everywhere. Towels? Not really, comforter, blanket, filthy, stripped them off the bed, furniture, carpet - uugghh GROSS!!!!!!!! Yes, you will have roaches and other multi legged guests in your room. There was some type of stain or something scary that had been wiped on the wall of the bathroom. TV, old old old, almost no channels with terrible reception, wifi did work. Do not try to plug anything in the outlets, just let your cell phone die, better than you getting electrocuted and dying yourself when you touch the outlets of which there was only like one or two, with the lamps, tv, coffee maker etc piggy backed into each plug. Dangerous! OK, what did I miss, oh yes, lack of security of the building and rooms, there are some people staying here that you would prefer not to meet in a dark hallway, alley or parking lot. We stacked our suitcases against the room door, the first floor window was a thin pane of glass which opened easily but did not lock closed. If Home Depot had been open I would have run out and purchased a hammer, plywood and nails and covered it up, I would rather have died in the fire than leave any egress or ingress (may not be a real word but oh well) points to our room. OK, so I have covered how nasty everything was, let us talk about the owner/managers. About 8:00 am, my wife went to get coffee, coming back the owner/manager was in the hallway. He asks her, "are you checking out" not yet she replies, just got up she says with a smile. He grimaces and stomps off. A few minutes later I go out to the car to get something, coming back he snaps at me "you checking out?", not yet I reply. About 30 minutes later we both run to the car to drop off a bag and get another, as we are walking, guess who greets us again? You got it. Again, he snaps "you checking out?" Not yet we reply for the third time, we are leaving about 10:30 (checkout is 11:00). He replies, and I am not making this up, AAARRRGGGHHHHHH and throws his arms up in the air and literally stomps away. End result, do not stay here, I will sleep in my car, on the beach, under a bridge or litter so that I can be arrested and sleep in jail. You will be much better off. I have to mention the free breakfast, this consisted of juice poured through a juice machine with nozzles that are visibly black and covered in mold, coffee, cereal, warm milk and three loaves of bread. Speaking of the bread, it was still in its package, no tongs provided, so everyone is touching the bread when they take some, I shudder to even think about the germs being passed in that area. I need to contact the health department ASAP. This place is awful, management/owner should be gone, it was so dirty we did not even shower and left feeling like we had a layer of slime all over ourselves. We ran out of there and headed straight to the Holiday Inn to try and recover, this was a life changing experience, neither of us will ever be the same again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family