Hall doors were propped open & hallway was hot & humid. Bed was comfortable with new spreads on both beds. Bathroom cabinets needed painting & back of bathroom door needed to be cleaned. Shower water pressure was good. No coffee pot in the room. Highlight of the night was the giant cockroach that kept running across the wall until we killed it (didn't want it running across us in the night). Water damage noted on the ceiling. Being a Florida resident I understand about cockroaches but was not impressed when the check-out clerk tried to tell me that they couldn't help the cockroach because they had too many palm trees around building??????Continental breakfast was the most pathetic offering I've ever encountered.
Even though it was just off main road(Hwy#41) there was no traffic noise. Satisfaction depends on your standards & what you want from a motel room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a clean and comfortable hotel in the great location of downtown Sarasota. 4 Miles to the award winning Seasta Key beach, 3 miles to St. Armonds Circle, and 4 miles to Lido Key beach. All local attractions including Ringling Museum of Art, Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Mote Aquarium and Hundreds of restaurants are less than 5 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Sarasota
- Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Sarasota Florida