I picked this hotel based on other reviews and found this hotel exactly as promised (with a notable issue regarding the room rate!)
First, about the hotel - it was clean and the staff was pleasant. We had the 2 beds and sleeper sofa room. It did seem a little small compared to other suites but still okay. Nothing looked worn or dirty. The beds were comfortable. There was a microwave, fridge, and sink area. The bathroom was one of those no-sink kind (not my favorite) but water pressure was decent. There were two TVs but one did not function very well. If we had been staying more than two nights, I would have asked for it to be fixed. The toilet also got clogged and we had to get a plunger from the front desk. For those reasons, I can't say this hotel was excellent - but I am not sure if we just were unlucky or if this is typical of the hotel.
While the hotel was near the airport, we only noticed plane noise on our last day around 11 AM. Nothing before that. The area was residential - nothing within walking distance. I did not even notice the strip club previously mentioned. However, 5 minutes driving down the road, there were major shopping centers with many restaurant choices.
The hotel was also located near enough to the reasons we came to Sarasota. We came to check out Ringling College for my daughter (10 minutes away) as well as see the sights (10-15 minutes away).
The free breakfast was very good - besides your continental offerings, there were egg & cheese omelets, make your own waffles, and sausage. There were also free fresh baked cookies in the lobby in the afternoon (yum!) as well as fresh fruit available all the time. There was a mini-market next to the front desk with various items for purchase - very helpful with nothing around.
While we didn't use the pool, it looked nice and clean. We did use the wired internet in our room - worked perfectly.
My one complaint was being "robbed" of $20 by Marriott. When I booked the room on their website, I booked the AAA Weekday rate of $189 a night. We were charged the rack rate of $199 a night instead. When my husband asked the manager about this, we were told our stay wasn't long enough for the AAA rate. I checked their website again - no mention of a length of stay. I checked our email confirmation - and the price had been changed but the email said we were getting the AAA rate so I missed the $10 a night increase. While this is not a big amount, this kind of "bait and switch" is annoying. I even emailed Marriott asking about this - and never got a response. So - BEWARE when booking with Marriott .
While I could recommend the hotel itself for another stay, next time I will be looking elsewhere due to this stupid rate thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience the newly renovated SpringHill Suites where art meets "decor". The SpringHill Suites Sarasota/Bradenton offers style to inspire and space to rejuvenate. Located near beautiful white sand beaches, less than 1 mile from the Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport and conveniently located near the famous John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art makes us, your perfect destination. We are just off University Parkway and US 41. All of our suites are 25% larger than comparably priced hotel rooms, while providing the amenities of a modern lifestyle. Enjoy free WiFi or wired high-speed Internet, spacious work stations and modern furnishings with innovative room layouts. We offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, outdoor heated pool and spa, fitness center, 24 hour business center, while The Market offers 24 hour access to drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Springhill Suites
- Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton Florida