My family and I have stayed at Marriott properties before, but this was our first time at a Springhill Suites.
The good.....nice, quiet location surrounded by trees. A few miles to the beach. It is by the airport, but no noticeable noise from the airport.
Friendly and professional staff. The young lady at the desk checked me in quickly, acknowledged me as a Marriott Rewards Member, told me the layout of the building, and smiled a lot. The young man at the desk the next morning was equally courteous and friendly.
The 2 bed suite with sofabed was nice. A long comfy couch was in the living area. It actually was a sofa bed with one detachable section, so that made it extra long. The kitchen area had a microwave, small fridge and small sink, as well as a desk and chair. It's nice to have that sink in the kitchen area.
There were 2 double beds, a large bathroom with toilet and shower, the bathroom sink outside of it. The whole bathroom area was in an alcove area. I liked the set up.
Breakfast was pretty good. I had hot scrambled eggs that were better than most hotels' eggs. My husband had the turkey Canadian ham and liked it. The offerings are limited, but good. My children had bagels and fruit.
The hotel was clean, as was our room. I liked the blue and green decor, and the updated lighting.
For "the bad"... Outdoor pool was okay, but the hot tub was not. It had leaves in it, looked dirty, and the water was not hot at all. My husband said the pool was warmer than the hot tub! He put his foot in the hot tub, but the temperature and lack of cleanliness turned him off. I did notice both the hot tub and pool had lift chairs for those who need assistance getting in and out of the water. It was a rare sight to me, anyway.
The sofa bed had a horrible mattress. Very thin. My son said he could feel the springs beneath it. You also had to climb over the sofa bed when it was out if you wanted to get from one room to another, or the door.
I do not care for double beds. We are used to our queen bed, so hubby and I were uncomfortable in this narrow bed. The bedding was okay. We did not sleep very well.
I will not choose Springhill Suites again if they only have double beds. A king bed and a sofabed are not an option for us because of our kids. We usually stay at Residence Inn, but I had a free night certificate that I couldn't use at Residence Inn, which happened to be right next door, because they did not have a room available where I could have used the certificate.
For a stay of a night or 2, and if a king or double bed is okay for you, this is a fine place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience the newly renovated SpringHill Suites where art meets "decor". The SpringHill Suites Sarasota/Bradenton offers style to inspire and space to rejuvenate. Located near beautiful white sand beaches, less than 1 mile from the Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport and conveniently located near the famous John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art makes us, your perfect destination. We are just off University Parkway and US 41. All of our suites are 25% larger than comparably priced hotel rooms, while providing the amenities of a modern lifestyle. Enjoy free WiFi or wired high-speed Internet, spacious work stations and modern furnishings with innovative room layouts. We offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, outdoor heated pool and spa, fitness center, 24 hour business center, while The Market offers 24 hour access to drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Springhill Suites
- Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton Florida