“Very friendly staff. Large and clean room with pleasing decor.”

Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I have stayed at Marriott properties before, but this was our first time at a Springhill Suites.

The good.....nice, quiet location surrounded by trees. A few miles to the beach. It is by the airport, but no noticeable noise from the airport.

Friendly and professional staff. The young lady at the desk checked me in quickly, acknowledged me as a Marriott Rewards Member, told me the layout of the building, and smiled a lot. The young man at the desk the next morning was equally courteous and friendly.

The 2 bed suite with sofabed was nice. A long comfy couch was in the living area. It actually was a sofa bed with one detachable section, so that made it extra long. The kitchen area had a microwave, small fridge and small sink, as well as a desk and chair. It's nice to have that sink in the kitchen area.

There were 2 double beds, a large bathroom with toilet and shower, the bathroom sink outside of it. The whole bathroom area was in an alcove area. I liked the set up.

Breakfast was pretty good. I had hot scrambled eggs that were better than most hotels' eggs. My husband had the turkey Canadian ham and liked it. The offerings are limited, but good. My children had bagels and fruit.

The hotel was clean, as was our room. I liked the blue and green decor, and the updated lighting.
Now

For "the bad"... Outdoor pool was okay, but the hot tub was not. It had leaves in it, looked dirty, and the water was not hot at all. My husband said the pool was warmer than the hot tub! He put his foot in the hot tub, but the temperature and lack of cleanliness turned him off. I did notice both the hot tub and pool had lift chairs for those who need assistance getting in and out of the water. It was a rare sight to me, anyway.

The sofa bed had a horrible mattress. Very thin. My son said he could feel the springs beneath it. You also had to climb over the sofa bed when it was out if you wanted to get from one room to another, or the door.

I do not care for double beds. We are used to our queen bed, so hubby and I were uncomfortable in this narrow bed. The bedding was okay. We did not sleep very well.

I will not choose Springhill Suites again if they only have double beds. A king bed and a sofabed are not an option for us because of our kids. We usually stay at Residence Inn, but I had a free night certificate that I couldn't use at Residence Inn, which happened to be right next door, because they did not have a room available where I could have used the certificate.

For a stay of a night or 2, and if a king or double bed is okay for you, this is a fine place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

There breakfast was horrible turkey sausage, waffles were out of some whole wheat mix my grand children would not eat only fruits they had to offer all three days we where there were banana and apples looks like they could be a little more innovated there were a lot of children there that weekend for ball tournaments the suits were so small no room to move around very disappointed never stay there again the staff were very friendly would not recommend the suites for over 2 people but they sucker at the counter were good.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights at the end of January on a visit to the Powell Crosley Theater. It was a pleasant hotel with friendly staff. I received some wonderful recommendations for area restaurants at the Front Desk. I enjoyed the layout of the room and all the in room amenities. The breakfast buffet was OK but not overly impressive. The bathroom was a bit worn and could have used some attention.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Al A, General Manager at Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

First I would like to thank you for staying at the SpringHill Suites Sarasota and for taking your time to share your thoughts of your stay. I have passed on to our corporate office your feed back on the bathroom and breakfast. I would like to share with yiu that we are currently looking into redoing the tiles in the bathrooms. We thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay in Marriott's Springhill line, and it won't be my last. Good location + clean rooms + friendly, helpful staff + good quickie breakfast = successful quick trip. By the way, Al at the front desk is a good navigator and he can loan you a beach umbrella.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is not a luxury hotel, but it was perfect for our purposes. The hot breakfast each day was very good. The staff was friendly & extremely helpful. We decided to go to the beach one day & asked where we could rent chairs, they told us they had chairs that we could use at no extra cost.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Location was across the street to the airport. Short drive to downtown. Centrally located to marina and lots of restaurants and new mall. Easy access to St Armand's Circle and Lido Key Beach. The rooms look recently renovated, but you can tell the hotel is a little on the tired side. Clean friendly service. I extended my business trip to stay the weekend to enjoy the beaches.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went for a wedding and spent two nights here. It's your basic Marriott - very clean. Lobby area was pretty small in comparison to some. We thought we were getting a great room when they said "near the pool" - but we were at the very end of the hallway with no exit unless we went all the way back up front. We could hear everyone at the pool day and night. In the morning, hotel staff were moving pool chairs around and woke us up. We could not really see the pool, as this room was lower than pool level. Really weird room. But since it was for a wedding and not a week it was acceptable. But if someone says "near the pool" from now on we want more details. :)

Room Tip: Don't ask for 1st floor near the pool, very bad placement and all the pool noise comes in.