“Mixed Feelings”

Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

First I have to say we choose Hilton properties when ever we travel if avalable. As for the property, staff, and cleanliness, all get very satisfied. The rooms were very clean and quiet which is a must for a good nights sleep. The only thing left is the beds. Hilton Garden Inns now have an adjestable bed using a dial on the side of the mattress. Kind of reminds me of a cheap version of a Sleep Number mattress except, not easy or fast to adjust. The controls are on the side of the bed requiring the guest to remove the fitted sheet and a velcro attached panel of the side of the mattress. We spent two nights and were not able to get it adjusted to a comfortable setting. I feel for any owner of one of a Hilton Garden Inn as the decisions are made at a corporate level and you have to follow the model. Sadly, Hilton Garden Inns will not be on our list any longer. As the rep at the front desk said, "It's a love, hate situation". We are in the latter group.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TomnDar
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and cleanliness.

Regarding the bed, though, please give me a call directly or contact me at david.alexander@hilton.com so that I can identify the particular bed you used, and make things right for you. I'd like to have our Maintenance Department inspect that particular bed, as your comments are not the norm. We normally get great feedback about the beds; many guests have even reached out to me directly about purchasing a "Garden Sleep System" bed for their homes.

We hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

We arrived really early, on our way to a wedding, and were quickly accomodated waaay before check-in so we could change and be on our way to the church.
The lady at reception was friendly and eager to make sure we were happy and had a nice stay.
Our room was spacious, clean and well-appointed. We had no problems with internet access or anything else.
Another nice thing is the proximity to the Ringling property - well worth a visit to see the art and mansion....and the circus stuff too!
I'd stay here again, no doubt about it.

Stayed April 2012
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I’ll be sure to share your kind comments about the front desk staff with their department head. ... We hope to see you again soon.
Miami, FL
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I went to Sarasota, FL with my husband and we choose this hotel. We went for the 4th of July holiday and arrived at the time of check-in no hassle at all it was quick and great. We opt for the king room (we had to pay an additional amount to get it) but it was clean really spacious and on the 1st floor really closed to the pool and the parking lot.

I love coffee and they have it available all day at all times. The wi-Fi is really good. also this hotel is located really close (almost in front) of the Bradenton Airport and a few blocks from the Ringling Museum. A few blocks away you have all types of restaurants and supermarkets.

I really enjoyed my time at this hotel and will recommended to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. ... The Ringling Museum as well as the entire Sarasota area is a great destination to visit over holiday weekends; and we hope to see you again soon. For any further information about the hotel’s proximity to local attractions, please feel free to give us a call directly any time.
globalflyereal
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I recently stayed at this property for a four night stay. When I arrived the lobby was completely a mess, but it will be for a good thing as they are renovating. It is only about 2-3 minutes from the wonderful SRQ airport. There is not a lot near the hotel if you do not have a car but the hotel offers a shuttle service. Rooms are standard Hilton Garden Inn rooms with the standard service offerings. I did not have a chance to eat at the hotel although was given free breakfast each day for my HHonours level.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay.

Also, thanks for your patience with us as we were redoing our lobby and restaurant/bar. We're very excited about the finished product. The bar and restaurant are now much more open and inviting, and offer a better mix of space and seating for individual guests as well as groups. … Hope to see you again soon.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I came for a conference, was joined by my 89 year old dad and sister, and found the hotel everything I could have asked for, including ground floor accessible room. There was a good enough restaurant to have room service when we were exhausted, a nice breakfast restaurant with choices of hot or cold food, helpful desk staff, guest laundry, shuttle to here and there, and friendly smiles.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. It was a pleasure accommodating you and your family. We'll be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping and restaurant staff. We hope to see you again soon, or if you're attending the next biennial conference.
Wailea, Hawaii
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Overall, a very good hotel. The location was great, very convenient to the airport and easy parking. The clerk at check in was pleasant and my room key and room info was already prepared and I was through the check in process (including getting my complimentary waters) in about 90 seconds, which I appreciated. While the room is starting to show some wear especially with the carpet, I found the room perfectly clean, the sheets and towels white and soft, and the scent fresh. I don't like it when the fan on the air conditioner cycles on and off all night...the constant fan setting was not available, which made sleep more difficult, though the hotel was quiet, otherwise. Breakfast was adequate, again, typical of what one would expect at HGI. I'd not hesitate to return if I needed a convenient airport hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Popovova,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We're glad to hear that you won't hesitate to return the next time you're in the area.

In the meantime, I'd like to address the issue about the fan. All rooms should allow you the option of keeping the fan on, rather than having the air cycle on and off. If you could give me a call and help me identify your particular room, I'd greatly appreciate. … Thanks again.
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Excellent service! Bartender is very friendly and efficient!!! Minutes from 75 and blocks from the airport. Centrally located and a great place to stay!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Born2travelll
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Thanks for your feedback, and recognizing one of our bartenders! I look forward to sharing your comments with our Food & Beverage Director.