“Lovely Weekend”

Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Attended the Forks & Corks event the end of January. Arrived to the hotel and was told they only had a room on the first floor available. We decided to wait for a room on a higher floor and was told it would be about 20 minutes. We sat down in the lobby and within 5 minutes our room was available. The front desk clerk was great and very accommodating. We were able to take the hotel's shuttle to Downtown and the Ringling Museum. This is a great offer that the hotel has because we did not need a car. All the drivers we had were knowledgeable of the area and very friendly.

I was concerned about being minutes away from the airport, but the noise was minimal. The room was very comfortable for the weekend. On the last night we were there we had a snack and drink at the bar. The woman at the bar was handling room service, tending bar and waiting on a few tables in the dinning room. She was awesome! The drinks were great and we were even able to choose what we wanted to watch on the television.

Overall, it was a lovely weekend and I would choose to stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris7849
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I enjoy this at this hotel on my many trips to Sarasota. My daughter attends college here, so I have been going here for 3 years. The staff is very friendly, helpful and enjoyable. I know them all by name, as they know and remember me, and my daughter. I actually think of them as family, and it's like my home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have made this hotel my favorite when I fly into the Sarasota airport once a month for my business meeting at the nearby St. Armands Baking Company. The lobby is luxurious, the staff is friendly and helpful. My rooms have always been spotless. The beds seem like brand new. I am enjoying the hot tea in the lobby and the new coffee service machine in the room for morning tea too. It is an quick drive to Publix and the beaches. It is all good! Hilton is a brand I can always count on.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I spent one night here. As Hilton Honors Diamond members, we were upgraded to one of their suites. When we had a minor issue with the room, Amine was dispatched and resolved the issue immediately. Reception was wonderful, Management was great, and Amine was outstanding as an employee who goes the extra mile for hotel guests...a rather rare but highly appreciated trait. The hotel itself was typical for a Hilton Garden Inn; no surprise, except for Amine, and no disappointments.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ColoradoVagabond
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Bathroom was dirty with several pieces of hair on bathroom floor and tub. Several other rooms has dirty bathroom. Hotel has very low cleanness standards. Breakfast room never had any available table. Not enough space.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mikael M
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope you accept our sincere apologies regarding those issues in the bathroom. I understand that our regional manager is currently in touch with you and is working to making things right for you. We are also currently working with our housekeepers to address those issues, making sure they double, triple, and quadruple check for any possible hairs (even their own). It's our goal to provide a great experience for our guests and your comments will help us ensure we continue to keep a strong focus on the bathrooms.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

No hot water and no water pressure for the two nights we spent there. Food service in the restaurant was very good. If you are used to warm baked cookies in the evening, forget it! They are no longer being served. Healthy granola is now the Hilton choice - not the choice of the people.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay, and for taking the time to discuss the issue over the phone with me earlier this week.

If you decide to return, and we hope you do, we can promise that what you experienced is not the norm.

As mentioned earlier, right before the weekend of your stay, one of our two boilers broke. Our ownership immediately reacted proactively, giving us approval to invest around $17K in a new boiler. One is being custom manufactured as I type, and will be installed very shortly. In the meantime we have taken stopgap measures to ensure this does not affect guests, including doing laundry during non-peak hours. Honestly, however, we did not do the best job coordinating these efforts the first couple of days, while you were with us. So again, please accept our apologies, and let me know if there is anything else we can do to make up for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We came for a wedding at the very nearby Powell-Crosley estate. The hotel was perfect for this. Stay was very comfortable & the shuttle van was very convenient. We had a great breakfast buffet in the beautiful lobby before we checked out in the morning. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple