“Great airport location!”

Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
cancun, marco island, bahamas
“Great airport location!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great airport hotel and very close to downtown area! Super breakfast but not included in room price. Rooms were alittle dated and in room air conditioner seemed damp I think due to age of unit. Bathrooms were fine.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I am a Hilton diamond member. I am not a high class person requiring the king treatment but....bathroom had paint peeling off the ceiling and rust in the tub. Windows rusty and contained moisture within them. Loud... that's an under statement! kids running up and down the hallways and sitting in cars in the parking lot at night playing loud music and flashing headlights on the hotel. 1 mile a way 3 better hotels at a much lower price. I am not a price shopper for lodging but, I guess I should rethink.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Todd G
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
I sincerely apologize for what your experienced—definitely not the norm here and surprising for us to read. Unfortunately, we were not aware of the incident (kids playing loud music outside and flashing headlights at the hotel).

We are a quiet business-oriented hotel, catering mainly to groups, individual business travelers, and private airline pilots. So noise is rarely a serious problem for us. However, when such disturbances occur, we instruct our staff to take action immediately if a guest notifies us as the disturbance is happening.

If you have any additional concerns, please let us know. Also, thanks for your comments concerning the tub/shower, as we are working with our maintenance team to ensure our bathrooms look immaculate for all arriving guests, despite heavy use each consecutive day.
Largo, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I thought the room was very clean. The mattress was very comfortable. I liked the modern Keurig individual coffee maker in the room. I was impressed with the lobby when I entered. I was helped immediately and the clerk was very helpful with my questions.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Baltimore
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Excellent hotel. We were in Sarasota to visit family and go to spring training games. Centrally located between stadiums. We came and went at different hours and had the opportunity to meet morning and evening staff, and all were professional, friendly and most courteous at meeting any need, even anticipating needs. We opted for the breakfast plan, and were happy we did. Full cooked breakfast - again, great staff. We did not have much opportunity to use pool, which is nice size but did take advantage of the great hot tub. Will definitely return next year.

EDEN, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Nice hotel, my only complaint was that I could not hook up my laptop to the TV to watch a movie, and the cost to rent a movie from the hotel was quite high... 15 to 20 dollars. Otherwise the hotel was clean and nice, the breakfast was very good, and included with my Gold Hilton Honors.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thanks for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your recent stay, and taking the time to share your experiences.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. But I do want to apologize regarding the internet/TV connection. All rooms have jack packs for the TV on each work desk; and normally connecting a laptop to the TVs should be no problem.

When you have the moment, we'd greatly appreciate it if you contacted me directly, letting me know which room you used. I'd like to make sure the inputs in that room are working property.
Las Vegas, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is an bright, airy, and welcoming hotel. The staff is highly trained and very personable, from the front desk to the bar/restaurant to the housekeepers. The location is great for folks flying into the airport, nearly next door, and it's a 15-minute or so drive to downtown outside of rush hours.

The shuttle service is very convenient; they will take you downtown as well as to and from the airport. The restaurant is somewhat small, situated in half of the lofty-ceilinged lobby, and the bar is smaller yet, but they make it work with hustle and smiles.

There is no draft beer, which is sad, but the wide array of bottled beers helps make up for that. The menu is likewise smallish, but gives plenty of choices somehow anyway, from seafood to meat to veggie-based dishes and salads. They will happily help you package your food to take back to the room (which has a fridge and microwave, plus a high-end coffee-maker), and you can bring beers with you as well, saving the room service delivery charge (I'm cheap).

I booked through Travelocity and did not experience the lack of choice the Priceline customer did in his review on this site. They did put me into an ADA (disabled) room, and I hate those bathrooms and the way they take space out of the room proper, but it was fine. Everything was clean and well-kept, except for the office chair that was slowly disintegrating even though it still worked okay.

A nice touch was an easy-access panel for patching into the big-screen, 1080p television via HDMI or video cables. A not-so-nice touch was a shortage of accessible outlets for plugging in phone and other device chargers. Even ten years ago no hotel designer anticipated the modern traveler's array of devices, so this is not uncommon. But an extension cord / power strip would have been a good amenity.

This hotel would work well for a family, though I was solo on a business trip, and I heartily recommend it, especially if you can get a good deal on the price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Salida
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We choose Hilton properties due to the consistent level of service, clean and comfortable rooms and friendly staff. This was our first time at the property and It did not disappoint. From the shuttle driver to the checkin staff every encounter was excellent We even asked for a restaurant recommendation, they offered great suggestions and even a ride to the downtown area. My wife is particular when it comes to bed comfort. We have always found the beds at the Hilton Garden Inn very comfortable. We will continue to choose HGI when they are an option. We love our points.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple