“Excellent customer service experience!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersGold level
Westchestry Cty, NY
“Excellent customer service experience!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We have stayed as a family at this hotel over a dozen times. In all material respects it is a fine property physically. What makes the guest experience world class,,however, is the staff. To a person, the staff are friendly, welcoming and helpful. In a word: hospitable! We had a few glitches in our stay, none of which would cause me to lower my 5 star rating on the hotel. What is noteworthy, is the way the staff looked to make things right. Truly an outstanding customer service culture at the hotel. I can only assume that its tone at the top. And I thus I single out .tyler the front desk manage ( forgive me if I got his title wrong). He was quick to research the problem, and find the right solution to keep a loyal guest coming back. I was impressed with his professionalism and ability to go the extra mile to insure customer satisfaction. Bravo.

the ritz Sarasota is a fantastic property,, make sure you visit the private beach club on lido,key, it is a great amenity for a great property.

Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Both city and bay sides have good views on higher floors
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Ritz is a beautiful hotel and customer service is top notch. It is obvious that everyone who works at the hotel love their jobs and values their guests. Although I was there for business, I brought my wife and 6-month old son due to the fact that I've been traveling a lot lately. My wife and I were treated like royalty and my son was treated like a prince. The most impressive part was when they brought a crib for my son, it was filled with age appropriate toys for him to play with. It was extremely impressive.

I will definitely be returning to this hotel and recommending it highly to all my friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were at the Ritz for a small conference for a nonprofit we support, and had a blast around the hotel! The hotel is not on the beach, but there is a shuttle that takes you there and back and we never had to wait too long. The Beach Club was beautiful and the service was exceptional. I left my iPhone on my chair accidentally and didn't discover it was missing until I was back in our room. I already had a message on our room's phone saying they found it and the shuttle driver actually delivered it straight to our room on his next trip back. Awesome!

One of our favorite things we did was take the hotel's bikes to the Sarasota Botanic Garden. The ride was just a short mile along the water (on a path the whole way). We stopped for lunch along the way and had a blast. The hotel has tons of amenities (like the bikes!) to take advantage of.

I also used the hotel pool and bar and was impressed by the service at both. The only thing I didn't love was that I felt like the staff were afraid they were going to mess up...like maybe they were working too hard to serve us well, but not out of love, more out of fear of falling short. They really had nothing to worry about!

I would recommend this place as a nice, romantic getaway...though there were families there as well!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sanibel Island, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This was my first say at the Sarasota Ritz Carlton. The property is gorgeous and service was excellent. Staff was very accommodating. I was unfamiliar with the area, and Curtis recommended and escorted me to a local restaurant. When I was done that evening, Curtis picked me up and took me back to the hotel. I couldn't ask for better service. I will certainly be back again soon!

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Capt_Jessica
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I only stayed one night but this hotel was fabulous! It's beautiful and the staff are amazing. Everyone is so kind and friendly and helpful. We loved the 24 hour room service and had an ice cream snack at 1AM after a midnight swim in the pool! It was great fun.
The beach club is magnificent and too beautiful for words. You must experience it yourself. The food, the pool and the beach are all beautiful and the pool attendants are terrific! Don took such great care of us and was super friendly. I am counting the days until I can return to this piece of paradise in Sarasota!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BrandyAnn
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The hotel staff remember you by name and anticipate your every need. The private beach and timely shuttle make it so easy to relax for a day or a week. The fitness center is excellent for a morning workout and the wines are a perfect way to finish the day.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BillTYankeesfan
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had a brief stay at the Ritz in Sarasota and was impressed with the entire stay. From the parking valet, to front desk that was completely prepared for our stay, to the pool attendant, the driver that goes to the Ritz- beach club ( 3 miles away) to the dining wait staff, and all. We had a room overlooking the pool and Bay and it was standard wonderful. If you want to be treated well--- spend the $ and stay at the Ritz.

Room Tip: Bayview works for me
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Hyatt Regency Sarasota
Tropical Beach Resorts
Tropical Beach Resorts
#3 of 12 in Siesta Key
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,336 reviews

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota? Share your experiences!