There is a service level which is beyond compare and that’s what you expect to get when you stay at a Ritz Carlton… we were not disappointed with this experience! Upon arrival, the hotel is not grand nor magnificent in its appearance. But from the minute the first valet greets you remember why you booked such a luxurious (and expensive) hotel – the service. Check-in was fabulous – my daughter was shown to her check-in area. Everyone she met on that first encounter remembered her by name during the stay which delighted her to no end. They sent her on a “Treasure Hunt” and all staff around the hotel were happy to accommodate her requests/bombardment of questions!
We booked several rooms as we had family with us – so I was able to experience a suite (our room) to double rooms and a king room. All were nicely appointed with beach-motif decoration. The rooms were clean and had lovely toiletries, amenities (the suite having more – slippers, trouser press, ceramic mugs, nice pens, etc.). The beds were extremely comfortable and the linens lovely.
The bathrooms in all the rooms were very large and well-designed. We had a shower stall and separate bath in the suite (as well as one additional toilet). There were waters available regularly and the coffee maker made delicious coffee! The view from our suite was very disappointing (a roof) but we didn’t spring for the extra cost to have a better one so hey-ho!
There were patio/seating areas in all rooms that were very comfortable.
The hotel grounds itself were very nice but somewhat awkward if you wanted to go to the beach. There is a shuttle that only ran once an hour to and from the “Beach Club”. We opted to drive most days which meant one of us had to refrain from beach-side cocktails all afternoon. The beach club was great though and worth the drive. The beach was gorgeous!!!
The gym/fitness centre was quite small and limited, but it served its purpose.
Breakfast was delicious as were most meals we ate in the hotel restaurant.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel but likely not stay again as I really like having easier beach access - if the hotel sat on the residence location (where the beach club was), then I wouldn't hesitate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a resort where the casual Gulf Coast lifestyle meets the sophisticated, cosmopolitan excitement of the city. Featuring exceptional dining, a luxurious spa, championship golf,off-site Beach Club nearby, lavish accommodations and sweeping bay and city views, The Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota, Florida, provides guests with a relaxing escape from the everyday. While you're visiting, be sure to enjoy the sandy beaches recently named the 2017 "Best Beach in America." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Marriott, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Sarasota
- Ritz-Carlton Sarasota
- The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota Florida