If you're traveling to Sarasota or Longboat Key and want a luxury hotel with easy access to restaurants and beaches, the Ritz Carlton is hands down your best option...here's why.
1. The Ritz is a short walk to Sarasota's vibrant Main Street restaurants AND the city's plethora of cultural activities (plays, orchestra, etc).
2. The Ritz is also a short drive to the restaurants/shops at St. Armands Circle.
3. If you're a runner or walker, it's an excellent location to begin a run/walk over the bridge to the key islands.
2. The Ritz has a beautiful beach club on Lido Key, just a 10 minute drive away. Yes, the hotel is not on the beach and this is a negative. However it does have pretty bay views available and there are no hotels on the beach that are remotely as nice as the Ritz. The pool/restaurant/common areas of the Longboat Beach Club are not in the same league. If you want luxury, drive the ten minutes to the Ritz beach club where you will have a beautiful pool, excellent restaurant, charming beach bar, and upscale locker room facilities/bathrooms at your fingertips. In all reality, isn't it better to drive during the day, get the luxury experience, then be settled at night where you can walk to town and then return to a luxury room?
3. Ritz service was excellent, had no issues in my entire stay -- and I'm picky on service!
4. Rooms are nice. They're not amazing, but they're very nice. If you can book through American Express and get a few bonus amenities (upgrade, resort credit, free wi-fi), it helps the sting of the price on popular weekends. Be sure to ask for a water view.
4. The bar/restaurant at the Ritz overlooks a charming harbor with glimpses of the bay. It was a lovely restaurant, modern and sophisticated, with nice views and a lively vibe.
Overall, we had a fun weekend at the Ritz Sarasota and felt 100% confident that we made the correct accommodation choice. One last warning, this hotel fills up early for holiday weekends. Book in advance.
Sarasota travel tips:
1. Don't even think about missing the Ringling Museum and mansion. The museum rivals those in Europe and NYC in both architecture and its permanent collection (I know it sounds unbelievable, but it's true). The house is beautiful, almost understated for the wealth involved, and truly special. These are treasures that once you see, you will realize they cannot be missed. The Ringling compound is next to the airport. The museum is free on Mondays.
2. If you want a little liveliness for your evening, stick to downtown Sarasota. Main street has excellent restaurants.
3. The best beaches are on Siesta Key, but they're also the most crowded. Longboat, which is very sedate, has nice beaches but it's hard to find public access. Just park at the Longboat Key Club and go in through the hotel. If you're at the Ritz, best option is still their beach club.
4. If you golf on Longboat, go for the Harborview course for better views. The Ritz can help you with this, and other golf options.
5. It's amazing how much the key islands differ. Drive around, explore!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a resort where the casual Gulf Coast lifestyle meets the sophisticated, cosmopolitan excitement of the city. Featuring exceptional dining, a luxurious spa, championship golf,off-site Beach Club nearby, lavish accommodations and sweeping bay and city views, The Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota, Florida, provides guests with a relaxing escape from the everyday. While you're visiting, be sure to enjoy the sandy beaches recently named the 2017 "Best Beach in America." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Sarasota
- Ritz-Carlton Sarasota
- The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota Florida