“Long Nice Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Levittown, New York
“Long Nice Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have stayed at the Ritz in Sarasota several times and have enjoyed my stay every time.
We love the beach member services offered and the staff there is truly friendly and helpful. There is valet service or you can take the hotel shuttle to the beach area. Should you not be beach person, the pool is just as good. There are chairs and umbrellas available to you as well as food service by the pool.
If you want to relax, there is a spa. I had a massage my last stay and the spa is terrific. The prizes seemed reasonable to me and the team there was very friendly.
The rooms are very clean and there is turndown service - I love the chocolates on the pillows. You can have breakfast in the hotel but I thought it was pricey. So I suggest you go to St. Armand's for a reasonably priced breakfast. At night there was music - so I enjoyed cocktails at the bar in the evening.
The hotel is close to the marina and St. Armand's Circle - a must if you are in Sarasota.
The hotel is good for couples or families. We have been here with our son and just the two of us - and we love it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

My experience was marred by the lack of attention to the cleanliness of the pool facilities, particularly at the beach club, where I found the benches in the ladies changing rooms, really filthy dirty, I wrote to the Hotel on my return last week, & have had no reply, or any feed back from my
Questionnaire I bothered to fill in!!!! Otherwise the experience was great, staff on the club level really attentive, maybe another down was the lack of a table mat & serviette during the breakfast service in the club (I am very european in this request possible)

Room Tip: I don't think I could comment, most views were good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank AnnieB717
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We went to the Sarasota Opera Festival two nights and stayed at the Ritz.-Carlton. We walked over to the performances. The weather was cold and windy, but they greeted us with champagne and chocolates and our suite was ready and waiting early on. Our two night stay enabled us to relax and go to the botanical gardens, Catholic church mass, and tour the area at leisure. The onsite Jack Dusty's restaurant/bar scene was just right--not formal and stuffy, but open to the beauty of water and nature.
We had breakfast there outside with fire warmth, and a couple of seafood dinners for two.
The price overall was lower than we would have spent at a lesser hotel and restaurant, yet we felt like honored guests.

Room Tip: We had a suite facing the water/bay and it was worth the bit extra. I think we were on the 4th flo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I enjoy this property often...have been here several times.

Some highlights...the club staff is excellent...they have a dedicated concierge to make arrangements for you. The food in the club is very good, and they always vary their presentation so if you stay more than a couple of days, you are not eating the same thing over and over. Also, the staff downstairs is very accommodating...they have provided us rides directly to areas that the standard shuttle does not provide. I thought originally that having to take the shuttle to the members beach club would be bothersome, but it is really no big deal...and its very convenient.

Some downfalls...I have noticed over several trips that the room attendants are off and on. Sometimes we will come in and the room would be spotless...sometimes there have been glasses or trash left in the room after theyve serviced the room. Sometimes we would have turn down service...sometimes not...sometimes halfway. On my last trip, there were champagne glasses left in our room from the previous guest that they never removed, and still were not removed when we left.

All in all the friendliness and courteousness of the staff is wonderful. My only suggestion...I wish they had another low-key restaurant or food venue. Jack Dusty's is great, but I dont want to be there every night...and the hamburger place is closed seasonally.

Room Tip: Club level is always a plus...the water view is probably worth the extra money.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lilmsctfsh
Cooper City, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

My friend and I spent 2 days at the Ritz Carlton sarasota. Beautiful hotel. Staff was very very nice. Rooms were really small and the beds were very uncomfortable. Hardly any amenities. For the amount of money you pay for a room they charge extra for internet. A lot of hotels now include that in your stay. You would think spending $600.00 a night they could of waived that. They had a thing going on were you could test, drive a BMW for a few hours. My friend took the car out for a few hours in the evening and she forgot her shirt in the car. Upon check out, we asked if anyone turned that shirt in and they said no. A day later she got a call from the ritz and they found the shirt and asked if they wanted to send it to her for a charge of $12.00. Really? Again, for the amount of money you pay, they couldn't send it to her without charges. The shirt didn't even cost $12.00. I was very disappointed and the amount of money that I spent, I feel that it was a waste. Also, when i asked to have a sea view room, I got the front of the hotel parking and partial view. Very very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dawn P
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Dawn P,

Thank you for your review and kind comments regarding our team. I am sorry to hear of the disappointments you described in both reviews. If you can afford the time and would like to discuss this further I can be reached at 941-309-2001.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We were married at the Sarasota ritz 10 years ago . Stayed in the presidential suite. Knew we had to return for our anniversary but wasnt sure how we could top our experience 10 years ago. They exceeded our expectations ! We have stayed at several ritz properties across the country and this club level has an exceptional team. I have to say they go above and beyond to make you feel special. We want to thank Laura, Scot, Bryan, Amber, Deanna, Rina, and of course Mirza. YOU guys understand what is the "Ritz Carlton Experience " and delivered above and beyond our expectations. Don't think I will wait ten years to return. We want to make a stay at your club room a yearly tradition .we had dinner at the beach club and the food was great my wife had scallops and I had the grouper. They provided free shuttle service in brand new shuttles the drivers were nice ,Thank you Eric and Tommy, Tony and James took very good care of us by the pool. For my wife and I it's about the experience and the people. We not only had a wonderful anniversary but feel like we made new friends. Thank you Billy and Liz

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1BillyMc
Amelia Island, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel and the staff were very nice but our "view of the bay" room was partially blocked by other buildings. The hotel does offer beach opportunities bit it's a few miles away and only accessable by shuttle-bus. The restaurant is great.

Room Tip: Suites are better than rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dennis t
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear dennis t,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to see you enjoyed our signature restaurant, level of cleanliness and service.

Your disappointment with the location of our Beach Club located 3 miles from the Resort on Lido Key that can be accessed by the shuttles we provide and transportation method of your choice is duly noted. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience this may have caused for you.

We value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Best wishes,