I stayed 4 nights for a convention and I am truly disappointed with the experience at this hotel. I booked 4 rooms for our stay, with a total of 6 people (2 married couples, two singles.) Upon check in, the two single people were given rooms with a king bed, and the two married couples were initially given rooms with the two full beds. We were assigned our rooms without being asked if we had a preference, and did not realize who was assigned what rooms until we arrived at the rooms. After seeing that my spouse and I received a room with two full sized beds, I called the desk and requested a room with a king sized bed. I was told that the only king rooms left were ocean view rooms and would be an additional $50 per night. I reluctantly agreed to move rooms in order to have a king sized bed. The new "ocean view" room I was given looked directly north at the Hyatt Regency hotel. This is not my idea of an "ocean view".
The staff were smug and not accommodating to guest's needs. I do realize that business conferences probably bring the type of clientele that the Ritz staff are not used to seeing, but they shouldn't be treated with any less respect or consideration. I will make a suggestion to the conference organizers that they should move the conference to a different location, perhaps the Hyatt Regency that I had a view of for 4 days.
Overall, I think staying at a Gaylord would cost less but provide the same amount of luxury that the Ritz provides.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a resort where the casual Gulf Coast lifestyle meets the sophisticated, cosmopolitan excitement of the city. Featuring exceptional dining, a luxurious spa, championship golf,off-site Beach Club nearby, lavish accommodations and sweeping bay and city views, The Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota, Florida, provides guests with a relaxing escape from the everyday. While you're visiting, be sure to enjoy the sandy beaches recently named the 2017 "Best Beach in America." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Sarasota
- Ritz-Carlton Sarasota
- The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota Florida