“wonderful staff”

GreenLeadersGold level
Akron
“wonderful staff”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel is very nice, but the stay was impressive due to the staff. The Doormen were great and always willing to help. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job. Our driver to the airport, Curtis, kept us cool on the way to Tampa, and was a joy to talk sports. Even the young men at the hotel pool provided excellent service. Amy at the Beach Club, made sure the lounge chairs were comfortable and ice cold bottles of water were always near. If you are looking for folks that make you feel welcome, this is your place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
USA
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed at the Ritz Carlton during the Sarasota Half Marathon Weekend. Since my husband and I were traveling with our two kids, we requested for two adjoining rooms that were guaranteed before we arrived. In addition to the Race Weekend, there were at least a couple of weddings that night so the hotel was very busy.

What we loved were the activities offered at the hotel including paddleboarding and the BMW resort tour experience was amazing. We also took advantage of the Beach Club on Lido Key. There was free shuttle although we decided to drive ourselves there.

There is a $28 resort fee per room and $24 valet service. We couldn't do self park.

We would definitely stay there again. Special kudos to Lori that checked us in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BestTravelUSA
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed 4 nights for a convention and I am truly disappointed with the experience at this hotel. I booked 4 rooms for our stay, with a total of 6 people (2 married couples, two singles.) Upon check in, the two single people were given rooms with a king bed, and the two married couples were initially given rooms with the two full beds. We were assigned our rooms without being asked if we had a preference, and did not realize who was assigned what rooms until we arrived at the rooms. After seeing that my spouse and I received a room with two full sized beds, I called the desk and requested a room with a king sized bed. I was told that the only king rooms left were ocean view rooms and would be an additional $50 per night. I reluctantly agreed to move rooms in order to have a king sized bed. The new "ocean view" room I was given looked directly north at the Hyatt Regency hotel. This is not my idea of an "ocean view".

The staff were smug and not accommodating to guest's needs. I do realize that business conferences probably bring the type of clientele that the Ritz staff are not used to seeing, but they shouldn't be treated with any less respect or consideration. I will make a suggestion to the conference organizers that they should move the conference to a different location, perhaps the Hyatt Regency that I had a view of for 4 days.

Overall, I think staying at a Gaylord would cost less but provide the same amount of luxury that the Ritz provides.

Room Tip: Make sure to verify room type while when checking in
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank db719
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear db719,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you are disappointed with the marina and bay front views our Hotel offers. While it is true Sarasota is on Florida’s beautiful Gulf Coast and our Beach Club is directly on the Gulf of Mexico on Lido Beach, our Hotel is adjacent to the magnificent Sarasota Bay and only offers Bayfront and Marina views as water view options. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan
Oakton, Virginia
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

The beach club is a few miles away and the hotel coach takes you there once every hour. Not convenient at all. I will not stay here again. The location and the service not worth the money you have to spend to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank jh25
Dear jh25,

Thank you for your recent reviews. I am sorry to hear from both of your reviews you were disappointed with your overall stay at our Resort. If you would like to discuss this further with me I can be reached at 941.309-2001.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2014

we stayed at the Ritz (condo) January 2013. It was beautiful and the beach was fantastic to go for long walks. I have no constructive feedback as it was perfect. the staff were polite and very helpful. would love to visit again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Devon,Pa
Reviewed 15 March 2014

4 days at the Ritz in Sarasota was amazing! We had a great room, fantastic food wonderful service excellent. I had a magnificent view of Ocean. very guiet in rooms. Service at pool side was excellent. Highly recommend this Hotel

Room Tip: Facial at spa was not quite up to the facials I get at home; but most all was super
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BigSpin
Levittown, New York
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have stayed at the Ritz in Sarasota several times and have enjoyed my stay every time.
We love the beach member services offered and the staff there is truly friendly and helpful. There is valet service or you can take the hotel shuttle to the beach area. Should you not be beach person, the pool is just as good. There are chairs and umbrellas available to you as well as food service by the pool.
If you want to relax, there is a spa. I had a massage my last stay and the spa is terrific. The prizes seemed reasonable to me and the team there was very friendly.
The rooms are very clean and there is turndown service - I love the chocolates on the pillows. You can have breakfast in the hotel but I thought it was pricey. So I suggest you go to St. Armand's for a reasonably priced breakfast. At night there was music - so I enjoyed cocktails at the bar in the evening.
The hotel is close to the marina and St. Armand's Circle - a must if you are in Sarasota.
The hotel is good for couples or families. We have been here with our son and just the two of us - and we love it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Hyatt Regency Sarasota
Tropical Beach Resorts
Tropical Beach Resorts
#3 of 12 in Siesta Key
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,343 reviews

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota? Share your experiences!